cuemix with 2 motu usb (828 Hybrid and Ultralite Mk3) connected to the same windows computer

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
whale-av
Primary DAW OS: Windows

cuemix with 2 motu usb (828 Hybrid and Ultralite Mk3) connected to the same windows computer

Post by whale-av »

The 2 units are happy until I open cuemix.
Unfortunately when cuemix is launched it opens a separate window for each unit...... and glitches/dropouts make them unusable. They are currently spdif linked for sync.
Has anyone (maybe everyone) had this problem and anyone found a solution.
I have not tried increasing the buffer as I need the lowest possible latency for live work, and without cuemix running I have (so far) no dropouts.
Thank you,
David.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: cuemix with 2 motu usb (828 Hybrid and Ultralite Mk3) connected to the same windows computer

Post by mikehalloran »

Unfortunately, Windows does not allow for aggregate devices as the Mac does.

The Windows manual does refer to having multiple devices running simultaneously, however, and being able to sync them via ADAT, Word Clock, SMTPE etc.. and being able to see them in the CueMix Fx Mixer.

https://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/fire ... al_Win.pdf
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
pencilina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: cuemix with 2 motu usb (828 Hybrid and Ultralite Mk3) connected to the same windows computer

Post by pencilina »

You can use:

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

but it can be torture getting it to work.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
whale-av

Post by whale-av »

Thank you for the fast reply Mike.
I have them aggregated using Asio4All, but the dropouts occur when Asio4All has not been started and no audio program is started. The interface meters make a very nice firework display and the outputs are unusable while cuemix is running, and only when it is running.

2 instances of cuemix open (one for each interface) when it is launched and that is when the dropouts start.
When I close both instances of cuemix all is good again..... closing just one does not help.

I have found that the Motu Audio console is unstable at the same time, the text in the window flashing so that it is impossible to access the drop down window for the clock source or change any button settings.

Very strange.
I will post again if I find out why.
David.
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

Try setting it up as one unit connected to USB and the other as an ADAT expander. You should be able to include most if not all analog inputs. Not a fan of ASIO4ALL unless you have devices that don't have outputs, i.e. USB mics.
https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/ ... converter/
You would then only have one Cuemix console.

Never mind - no ADAT on the UL MK3, was thinking later version. Oh well . . .
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1