Can't always find all outputs

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MrSkelin
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't always find all outputs

Post by MrSkelin »

I'm not trying to do anything super complex. I need audio routed into OBS from time to time, so I set up an aggregate device with my DAC as I/O 1-2, and BlackHole (soundflower equivalent) as I/O 3-4 in the Audio MIDI Setup.

In some sessions, I can select "Aggregate Device 3-4 (Stereo)" and the audio goes where it's expected. I'm routing everything through bus 63-64 as sends to an aux channel with that bus as input and out the Aggregate 3-4, like a second master fader. I had made several sessions and it's generally a breeze.

No computer update, no DP update, no new plugins, but now new sessions aren't finding Aggregate Device 3-4 in the output dropdown menu, and some of my old sessions can't find it either.

I've tried restarts for the computer, loading all session data from a working session (one that recognizes Aggregate 3-4) into a new session (didn't work), and saving the sessions that do work as a template (didn't work).

Further ideas?

EDIT: OSX 12.6, DP 11.21