What Does This Error Message Mean?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
drburt2
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What Does This Error Message Mean?

Post by drburt2 »

Hi,

I see some ancient posts on this with no answer for me.
After working on this porject on this Mac with no updates, upgrades new software or plugins etc etc - I NOW GET AN ERROR MESSAGE everytime I open the file. (see attached screenshot)

I just saw someone else posted here recently - with no answer that applies to me. There are no plugins failing to lad at startup of DP.

A hint?: When I turn the Mixer Mode off and back on, the message reappears...haunting me...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Attachments
DP9 err msg.png
DP9 err msg.png (30.81 KiB) Viewed 434 times
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: What Does This Error Message Mean?

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... DP11 here so not totally sure. I'm really not sure what that code means. Probably only MOTU knows for sure. I can't remember ever having a problem turning Mixer Mode on and off, but I should try on some projects and see.

I think it's still possible to have a plugin cause problems even if it loads at startup.

One thing you could try is sort of an old standby for DP users: create a new project and use the "Load..." command to load the chunk from your project giving you a problem into the new one and see if that helps. Many times, that will work.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Re: What Does This Error Message Mean?

Post by mikehalloran »

A hint?: When I turn the Mixer Mode off and back on, the message reappears...haunting me...
That's not a hint. It's what is happening. See if you are skipping a step.

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/tt_mixmode
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro