Sound issue

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sound issue

Post by midilance »

When opening a DP project and playing it my UltraLite mk4 interface is working fine. I see the Main Out meters moving and I hear the music. When opening Audio MIDI Setup the UltraLite mk4 does not show up as a choice but with the DP project playing it is obviously working.

When clicking on the Music button and choosing a song, it plays through the Mac Studio speaker.

When I play an MP3 song on the desktop it plays through the Apple Studio speaker.

In Mac Preferences after clicking Sound, under Output there is no mention of the UltraLite interface.

What might the issue be?
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sound issue

Post by mikehalloran »

midilance wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:25 pm When opening a DP project and playing it my UltraLite mk4 interface is working fine. I see the Main Out meters moving and I hear the music. When opening Audio MIDI Setup the UltraLite mk4 does not show up as a choice but with the DP project playing it is obviously working.

When clicking on the Music button and choosing a song, it plays through the Mac Studio speaker.

When I play an MP3 song on the desktop it plays through the Apple Studio speaker.

In Mac Preferences after clicking Sound, under Output there is no mention of the UltraLite interface.

What might the issue be?
Something should be using that USB port. Since many MOTU devices use the same driver, it would surprise me if the name was anything specific.

In my case, the AIR 192 14 uses Core Audio and not 3rd party drivers.

So, what's here?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 4.05.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 4.05.33 PM.png (69.68 KiB) Viewed 716 times
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro