828mk3 hybrid/MIDI express xt usb

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
HARDDRlVER
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828mk3 hybrid/MIDI express xt usb

Post by HARDDRlVER »

Hello guys.
Does anyone use both the 828mk3 hybrid and the MIDI express xt usb.

A big help would be if you're running Studio One v6 as well.

So, about a month ago my daw started crashing. It said the error was at motufwa64.sys. I Uninstalled/reinstalled the hardware to no avail. I Uninstalled again and did a search in the registry but windows would not allow me to delete several entries, including those. My only option was to reformat my drive and reinstall windows. I finished that chore a week ago. With this iteration I DID NOT install my MIDI express. All worked fine until I tried installing the MIDI express xt usb this morning. My daw began crashing again.
Well as you probably know, there is no Uninstall program for the MIDI express. I unplugged it, and now Studio can't find the 828mk3 hybrid; [The audio device Motu Audio could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again].
I've Uninstalled/reinstalled the interface and nothing works.
I almost feel I'm gonna be reinstalling windows once again. I just can't understand why the 828mk3 hybrid and MIDI express xt usb can't work together. (Yes I hooked up the MIDI express to a usb 2.0 powered hub).

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828mk3 hybrid/MIDI express xt usb

Post by mikehalloran »

Of course they can work together — but can they work with other Windows drivers you have installed? No way for us to know.

We don't know what you are running including the version of Windows.

If Win10 64 bit/11, make sure that this is the driver you have installed.
MOTU MIDI Installer
PC v89606 | Oct. 5, 2021
Windows 11, Windows 10 64-bit
Read the pdf manual and search for Drivers to see if that offers a clue.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/motu-www-data/ ... _Guide.pdf
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro