Kontakt7 in DP10 in Win10 - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
schnedler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Kontakt7 in DP10 in Win10 - RESOLVED

Post by schnedler »

I have purchased the Komplete 14 Ultimate package and installed everything in my Windows 10 system. Kontakt 7 works with all the installed instruments but only in stand-alone mode. When opening DP10, it scans for the plug-ins and Kontact 7 plug-in passes as a VST3, but then when I go to choose an instrument track in the Native Instruments menu, Kontact 7 does not appear as an option, only Kontakt 6, which works great and has actually loaded all the new instruments from Komplete 14. Have rebooted several times in case that was an issue. Would appreciate any advise on how to get Kontakt 7 option to open as an instrument track, since it already "passed" as a plug-in VST3. Thanks in advance.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Kontakt7 in DP10 in Win10

Post by CharlzS »

Does Kontakt 7 show up as an available plug on an audio track? If yes, there was an issue where a VI that allowed an audio track as input would not show up as an instrument but could be instantiated on an audio track. Not sure when it started, but it has since been resolved. If it's not showing up in audio tracks, then something else at work. Maybe file a tech support ticket.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Are you actually looking at VST (VST2) instead? K7 only supports VST 3.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
schnedler

Post by schnedler »

@mikehalloran. I am only looking at VST3. In other words, Kontakt 7.vst3 shows up in my plugins window and "passes", but when I go to add an instrument track, Kontack 7 does not show up as an option, only Kontakt 6.
schnedler

Post by schnedler »

@ Charles - Thanks for response. I am not sure why Kontakt7 would show up as a plugin on an audio track as the only type of plugins that audio tracks accept are effects plugins and Kontakt7 would be a separate instrument track. Yes, over the weekend I filed a tech support request. Thanks!
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

schnedler wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:12 am @mikehalloran. I am only looking at VST3. In other words, Kontakt 7.vst3 shows up in my plugins window and "passes", but when I go to add an instrument track, Kontack 7 does not show up as an option, only Kontakt 6.
Question, when you say plugins window and "passes" do you mean you see it in the opening of DP as a plug in when DP scans plug ins? or do you mean when you open up the Preferences panel and go the Plug Ins window you see Kontakt 7 and it's check and passed? Either way, I would go to your Preferences Plug Ins window and force a rescan of Kontakt 7. Basically you select it and hit Reexamine. Then when it passes before you close the Preferences window it will ask you if you want to rescan your plug ins because things have change, hit yes, and see if that does the trick.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
schnedler

Post by schnedler »

Hi Michael, I was referring to going to the Preferences window panel and then the plug-ins window. However, I was able to get some assistance from MOTU tech support and discovered that basically they had issues with Kontakt 7 in DP10 so I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to DP11 and this time is scanned the vst3 fine and showed up as an instrument track, so everything works. But the bottom line is, unfortunately I had to upgrade to DP11 for it to work. That said, thanks for your assistance and interest in helping. I really appreciate it.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

schnedler wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:15 amBut the bottom line is, unfortunately I had to upgrade to DP11 for it to work. That said, thanks for your assistance and interest in helping. I really appreciate it.
That's too bad. Still there's a lot of good features in DP 11. Not only that, I'm not sure if it's the same on Windows, but DP 11 supports Melodyne and MOTU gives you a code that you can redeem with Celemony for a license for Melodyne Essential.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!