UltraLite - Class Compliant

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
echo_23
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UltraLite - Class Compliant

Post by echo_23 »

I have an UltraLite Mk4. I use it with MOTU software on my machines. Sometimes I’ve had the opportunity to plug in my work/stage Macs to the device. Being class compliant the device is recognised by the computer. However for the audio interface name under Mac OS it shows up as “Audio Output” no mention of actual device name. Is there any way to change this identifier? Feel like this is a fail from MOTU. Do all class compliant devices by Moto do this? Feel like a simple firmware update could potentially fix this.

Would love to hear from others experiences.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UltraLite - Class Compliant

Post by mikehalloran »

What MacOS?

What are the names in Audio MIDI Setup.app? You can change the names of any devices that show up in MIDI Studio window.

Why would this be a MOTU failure? Although Class Compliant, they are not expecting you to use Core Audio unless hooked up to an iPad as the drivers enable full functionality. Is there a reason that you are not running the correct MOTU Pro Audio Driver on your Mac?
MOTU Pro Audio Installer
Supports Mac v92740 | Feb. 8, 2023
macOS 13, macOS 12, macOS 11

MOTU Pro Audio Installer
Mac v91429 | June 21, 2022
Supports macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro