MIDI editor not remembering track selection - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
glent
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI editor not remembering track selection - RESOLVED

Post by glent »

In the MIDI Editor I need to press the track name in the track selector tab in order to hear any sound from a MIDI instrument. It does not remember the choice and I need to repeatedly press after every single task. In a heavy editing session that could be quite numerous, meaning I need to press the track selector every time. Never had this issue before. Is this something new or is there something I'm missing? This doubles the amount of keystrokes for the most basic edits. I just want to click once per track and have it remember until I choose otherwise.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 6.06.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 6.06.57 PM.png (51.31 KiB) Viewed 572 times
stubbsonic

Re: MIDI editor not remembering track selection

Post by stubbsonic »

I'm just grasping at straws here, but it sounds like you have SOLO turned on?

Also, I wonder if the Track Select (as sidebar) works any differently than the Track Selector that is floating? They seem to mirror each other. But perhaps the sidebar track selections will stick after a process.

But yea, you shouldn't have to select a track to hear it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
glent

Re: MIDI editor not remembering track selection

Post by glent »

Figured it out on my own, I un-checked 'Solo front-most MIDI edit window' in Preferences/Play and Record/MIDI Option/MIDI solo setup. (referred to page 232 in user manual).
When it was checked it lead to unpredictable monitoring when a track was soloed.