In depth video about Articulation Maps

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

In depth video about Articulation Maps

Post by Musicmind »

Hi
Anybody here who knows if there are any in depth video about Articulation Maps? Not so much about the set-up, but in use.
I find the implementation limited, but maybe it's because I lack the knowledge?

An ex: If I select a bunch of MIDI events, to switch articulation to long, the little window:
Skærmbillede 2023-05-17 kl. 14.18.32.png
Skærmbillede 2023-05-17 kl. 14.18.32.png (11.05 KiB) Viewed 409 times
disappears! So my question is: Is dragging the Articulation event to the row with long the ONLY way to change several contiguous notes to the same articulation?

Another ex: When I use VSL Elite Strings there are 6 different articulations, so it would be so nice to select all those articulations and change the score symbol to staccato, but that is not possible is it?
Attachments
Skærmbillede 2023-05-17 kl. 14.22.12.png
Skærmbillede 2023-05-17 kl. 14.22.12.png (442.44 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.
Chandrasekar
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: In depth video about Articulation Maps

Post by Chandrasekar »

David Das has an excellent YouTube video on this.
Hope it is useful
Regards.
https://youtu.be/5CTtG1NznVI
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: In depth video about Articulation Maps

Post by Musicmind »

Hi
The video you refer to is mostly a set-up instruction and I need a working scenario. But I am trying to find a way. Thanks!
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.