Avoid latest Newfangled Invigorate Update v1.2.4 (v1.2.5 out today and is SAFE!)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Avoid latest Newfangled Invigorate Update v1.2.4 (v1.2.5 out today and is SAFE!)

Post by James Steele »

Just a heads up. There is a new version of Invigorate on Eventide's site. It's version 1.2.4 which is an update from 1.2.3. I would suggest avoiding it right now and not installing it and staying on v1.2.3.

Firstly, the AU fails validation in DP 11.22 AND in Logic Pro 10.7.7.

Secondly, the VST3 fails validation in Cubase 12.

Lastly, I can't prove it, but after installing v1.2.4 (including the AAX), Pro Tools Studio 2023.3 hangs on the splash screen and gets stuck inspecting plugs. It got stuck for me on LoFi, but with PT that doesn't necessarily mean it is that particular plug. I ended up jumping back to an APFS snapshot just prior to installing Invigorate 1.2.4 and Pro Tools completed the launch.

Anyway... I have written to Eventide about the AU issue, but not all the other stuff I discovered since. Maybe my system is different than yours (especially if you're on Intel perhaps), but otherwise, I'd say if you have Pro Tools on your system, make sure you do a Time Machine backup so you have an APFS snapshot you can restore to in case your Pro Tools gets jacked up like mine did.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
nk_e

Re: Avoid latest Newfangled Invigorate Update v1.2.4

Post by nk_e »

Thanks for the heads up as I was about to update those.

This is off topic, but you touched on it in your post: ProTools plugin validation scheme is like something out of the 90s. I have a LOT of plugins, and it never makes it through the process without hanging. Yet, amazingly for 2023, Protools can’t remember the last plugin that successfully passed the validation. So every time I relaunch start up, it starts from the beginning.

I was determined to get through this so once spent a few hours launching, hanging, removing the last plugin listed before the hang, relaunching…only to learn later that may have been a huge waste of time as the last plugin listed may not be the problem. I never made it through anyway as there are a lot of plugins.

If I remove all third party AAX plugins, it launches. Folks have suggested I start feeding plugins back in a few at a time and relaunching each time to locate the culprits. I wouldn’t have that kind of time even if I were retired and looking for a hobby. Besides, it’s crazy! They simply need to create some sort of log file during launch that notes the last successfully validated plugin and pick up the next round of validations from there. Better still, how about noting in the file the last plugin loaded at time of failure and automatically skipping it or popping a dialogue box asking you if it can be disabled or re-tested?

It’s just crazy. If I’m missing something or there’s a different technique, please let me know!

(I know this isn’t a Protools forum, so thank you for indulging my little rant.)

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Avoid latest Newfangled Invigorate Update v1.2.4

Post by James Steele »

Just a heads up... looks like Eventide very quietly posted a v1.2.5 of Invigorate. No mention of the issues with 1.2.4. Release notes appear to be exactly the same as v.1.2.4. I'm going to proceed cautiously and see if 1.2.5 gives me grief. I think I'll run Time Machine right now first, just so I have a recent APFS system snapshot should it all go south!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Avoid latest Newfangled Invigorate Update v1.2.4 (v1.2.5 out today and is SAFE!)

Post by James Steele »

Just installed it and looks like Invigorate v1.2.5 is safe. No mention of their little "whoopsie" yesterday from Eventide! :lol:

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Avoid latest Newfangled Invigorate Update v1.2.4 (v1.2.5 out today and is SAFE!)

Post by James Steele »

V. 1.2.6 out today.