DP monitor effects (with UA Console / Apollo)...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
macnylonguitar
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP monitor effects (with UA Console / Apollo)...

Post by macnylonguitar »

This may or may not be straight forward and obvious, but how can I monitor DP with effects, and not record them, while using UA Apollo / Console...

Solo fingerstyle guitar into an HX Stomp, L/R out of HX Stomp out into channels 1/2 of UA Apollo.

Two channels, panned L and R for stereo. I have 1176 on each channel insert in the UA Console (helps immensely with transients, etc).

I have the UA Console perfect levels and recording into 2 tracks in DP

In DP, I have a reverb aux bus (Strymon Big Sky), and I want monitor that reverb plugin, while recording, but I do not want to record / print the reverb, just hear it while tracking....

One cannot use a AU (no UA) plugin in the Console in real time (not that I am aware). The UA people say just route DP to a Virtual 1/2 track in UA Console, yes, I get that, but that will have reverb on it and will record / print reverb.... Thanks in advance. John