NotePerformer 4.2 released

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

NotePerformer 4.2 released

Post by mikehalloran »

Update: Wallander announced that NotePerformer 4.1 is released today (6-14-2023). The claim is significant timing improvements. We’ll see. Free to NP3 and NP4 owners with paid in-app upgrades to additional VI hosting engines available.

https://www.noteperformer.com/

Apparently, it's a free upgrade. Ahhh... only the NP4 App. Additional Playback Engines are available at extra cost.

NEW!
PLAYBACK ENGINES

'NotePerformer Playback Engines' hosts third-party VST3 instruments; replacing our built-in sounds with selected samples by leading developers.

It's our unified solution for high-end notation playback — NotePerformer-compliant dynamics and articulation without the technical effort.

The application is bundled with NotePerformer 4.

Click to learn more about our playback engine add-ons and how to get started →

From NotePerformer Playback Engines, you browse our available playback engines and load the sounds you want to use.
You must first activate the playback engine by locating the VST3 plug-in and downloading our playback engine.
You can try all playback engines for free in an unlimited number of 1-hour sessions, with limitations:

The sounds unload after 1 hour.

You cannot mix-and-match libraries.

You can only save, not load templates.

Audio exporting is muted.

Stem exporting is disabled.

Playback Engines are add-on purchases for NotePerformer. Current prices range from $69 to $89.
You must purchase the associated sample library separately. The playback engine doesn't include any sounds.
Please ensure the sample library works in the manufacturer's standalone player before using it with NotePerformer.
Last edited by mikehalloran on Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Re: NotePerformer 4 released

Post by mikehalloran »

Ok, per this ScoringNotes article, the basic app is unchanged save for now being AS Native. That's good and explains why the update is no charge for NP3 licensees.

https://www.scoringnotes.com/reviews/noteperformer-4/

The big changes are in the paid add-on VI players.

The issue for Finale/Mac crashing after an NP install for some users is unchanged. NP causes Finale to re-examine all plug-ins. If you have hundreds like I do, Finale will crash several times during the examination process. The workaround on the Mac is to keep hitting the Reopen button till Finale finally launches (only 4 times for me). Once Finale is launched, this nonsense stops. Perhaps MM can do something about this before the next version of Finale—I'll send it in again.

Don't know how many this affects besides Mark and I.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Thanks for this info Mike
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I installed Note Performer 4 just now, after successfully getting in touch with Wallander to update my account contact info.

Not sure how soon I'll get a chance to use it, as I am doing many projects in parallel at the moment, but one of my top priority projects will benefit from this new functionality so I look forward to testing it out.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Re: NotePerformer 4.1 released

Post by mikehalloran »

Wallander announced that NotePerformer 4.1 is released today. The claim is significant timing improvements. We’ll see. Free to NP3 and NP4 owners with paid in-app upgrades to additional VI hosting engines available.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

working fine here
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Same here. This 4.1 update installed faster than the 4.0, for some reason.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Re: NotePerformer 4.2 released

Post by mikehalloran »

NotePerformer 4.2 released.
https://www.scoringnotes.com/news/notep ... -and-more/

Request your update here. Free to all NP 3 & 4 licensees.

https://www.wallanderinstruments.com/request/

Again for Finale Mac users: After installation, Finale will take a long time to open may crash one or more times as it re-examines all of your plugs and VIs. The more plugs you have the more likely this will happen. The average was 3-4x on my iMac Pro; only once on my new Mac Studio. Be patient and do not Force-Quit during the process—just re-open after the crash. Once all of your plugs have been re-verified, Finale will open and this won't happen again (till the next Finale or NotePerformer update, of course).

It was Arne Wallander who helped me diagnose this a couple years ago, now, and I sent it into MakeMusic Support at that time.
Michael Canavan

Re: NotePerformer 4.2 released

Post by Michael Canavan »

I don't really have a need for this software, but I absolutely love their Rent-to-Own idea of charging a monthly fee, until you've paid off the software. What a smart and generous plan. :love:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.