DP11.22

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
apanacci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP11.22

Post by apanacci »

Its out. Check it out
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
bayswater

Re: DP11.22

Post by bayswater »

"• Fixed a bug causing open effect window positions to migrate down every time the project is saved/reopened."

There's more

Enhancements introduced in version 11.22

Enhancements and optimizations
• Improved the channel assignment mechanism for hardware i/o and instrument side-chains.
Improved the opening speed of QuickScribe with large scores.
Added a Rosetta Mode indicator to the the DP splash screen which only displays when running in Rosetta on Apple Silicon.
Minor optimizations to EUCON communication flow.
Improved compatibility with MIDI files from Cubase.
Removed the "Toggle Full Screen" command from Windows, where it's not applicable.

Fixes
• Fixed a bug causing instrument insert automation parameter names not to display correctly in the Sequence Editor strip menu.
• Fixed a bug that would incorrectly report command binding conflicts for certain MIDI bindings.
• Fixed a bug causing "Open in Finder" not to select the files upon opening a Finder window.
• Fixed a bug causing visual glitches in the MIDI editor on Windows when the window is vertically resized.
• Fixed problems reading project files containing certain chunk lengths that are off by 1.
• Fixed cases where the current controller (MB) state would not be saved before duplicating a Mix Take.
• Fixed a bug causing snapshots to generate extra MIDI data on multiple channels.
• Fixed a bug causing vertical text to be truncated and misaligned on macOS 13+ in places such as the bundles window and the Change Velocity window.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when using only an ICON Control Extender without a main unit.
• Fixed a bug causing track ordering to get scrambled when reordering groups of tracks from the Tracks Overview window.
• Fixed a bug causing open effect window positions to migrate down every time the project is saved/reopened.
• Fixed a bug causing the forward-delete key on Mac to get passed to DP while an OS file dialog is open.
• Fixed a bug causing Windows to import tracks in reverse order when dragging sound files from File Explorer.
• Fixed a bug causing tooltips to be misaligned on Windows.
• Fixed a visual glitch causing the waveform to flicker when editing with the slip tool.
• Fixed a EUCON bug causing insert and aux controls not to update correctly after using the control surface to add or edit them.
• Fixed a visual glitch in the mixing board level meters.
• Fixed a slur engraving bug causing slurs to always originate from the first notehead in a group of tied notes, which could occasionally cause undesirable results.
• Fixed a bug causing the QS alternate measure dropdown box not to respect the page scaling factor, which could lead to visual glitches when viewing the arranged score at a custom page scale factor.
• Fixed a bug that could cause crescendo/decrescendo hairpins to be repositioned incorrectly when reinitialized on a grand staff due to a change in line breaking.
• Fixed a bug causing lyric text to be duplicated in MusicXML export.
• Fixed a MusicXML export bug causing chords to duplicate or otherwise export incorrectly on tracks using a grand staff.
• Fixed a bug causing coda and segno symbols not to function correctly.
• Fixed a bug causing double-repeat barlines not to draw correctly in certain configurations in the arranged score view.
• Fixed saving VST3 preset data.
• Fixed a bug causing keyboard scrolling shortcuts not to respond in the MIDI editor.
• Fixed a bug causing the Selection Info window to get stuck in a bad state when first opened in a standalone window.
• Fixed a problem where bundle channels could sometimes slip one notch to the right.
• Fixed a crash that could happen when changing sample rates with the Spectral view showing on soundbites in the Sequence Editor.
• Fixed a longstanding bug causing soundbite lengths to incorrectly be affected by sample rate changes.
• Fixed a bug causing the Custom Time Formats dropdown not to work correctly.
• Fixed a Windows bug causing the Edit Custom Time Formats dialog to not display the selection highlight after editing the name of a custom time format.
• Fixed a bug that could cause MIDI files to export incorrectly for tracks containing notes on channels other than Channel 1.
• Fixed part of the MAS layer for older plug-ins that would cause them to seemingly lose automation during play selection or BTD.
• Made sure the internal connection between the MIDI half of a combined instrument track stays connected to the instrument track's VI.
• Worked around a VST3 dead-lock that could occur when starting a gesture. This was happening in certain UAD plugins.
• Workaround for a macOS bug causing erratic behavior in the Import Audio and Export Selected Soundbites dialogs on macOS 10.14+.
• Worked around a Ventura bug in Core Audio export.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Nice!! Downloading now. I suspected the fix for core audio export was coming so I had already gone to Ventura!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:32 am Nice!! Downloading now. I suspected the fix for core audio export was coming so I had already gone to Ventura!
• Worked around a Ventura bug in Core Audio export.
The workaround works!

There is still an issue about the way that track output names display in CoreAudio. No idea what causes it and don't really care. Bottom line is that I can now bounce to CoreAudio so this is good.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

• Fixed a bug causing "Open in Finder" not to select the files upon opening a Finder window.
Oooh! I hope this proves true!
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Very quick and uneventful installation. Testing, but no problems so far.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

At this point, can anybody convince me to upgrade to Ventura?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

cuttime wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:21 pm At this point, can anybody convince me to upgrade to Ventura?
Convince me, too.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:41 pm
cuttime wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:21 pm At this point, can anybody convince me to upgrade to Ventura?
Convince me, too.
Haha... the best I can say for it, in my case is it appears to be working here fine in MacOS 13.3. But then again, I haven't really "stress tested" it and am not in the middle of any serious projects, so I felt at liberty to chance it. I might detect if feels a tiny, tiny bit more responsive, but other than that I can't think of anything compelling in Ventura that I couldn't have lived without. I suppose being able to use your iPhone as your computer webcam is nice, but there's software called "Camo" on the App Store that will let you do the same thing in Monterrey and it works pretty well.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

HCMarkus wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:41 pm
Convince me, too.
If you have a new Mac that won’t run anything else, it comes highly recommended. I can’t think of any other reason.

Surely we’re long past the time when we all update macOS just because Apple has another year on the books.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
dix

Post by dix »

Well, my well reported pet bug is still there: There is still an 8db drop in volume when using Folddown going from surround to stereo. ...plus, while working today with 11.22 general instability, and crashiness with at least one surround project remains.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

EMRR wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:01 pm
Oooh! I hope this proves true!
YES. That's been a serious PITA.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

bayswater wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:04 am "• Fixed a bug causing open effect window positions to migrate down every time the project is saved/reopened."
Not fixed on my end :(

Your friendly neighborhood Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
ghobish

Post by ghobish »

Phil O wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:02 am
bayswater wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:04 am "• Fixed a bug causing open effect window positions to migrate down every time the project is saved/reopened."
Not fixed on my end :(

Not fixed here, either. !!!###!!

It DOES seem as though the problem was partially addressed- the amount by which the windows are redrawn lower seems to be about half of what it was previously. Before, the window would drop by the same height as the title bar of a typical DP window like Soundbites window. Now, they seem to be dropping by about half that amount.

I'm going to update the ticket I filed on this and let them know.
Gary Hobish
A. Hammer Mastering & Digital Media
San Francisco, Ca
http://ahammer.com/mastering

Mastering: Mac Studio M1 MAX 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 32-core GPU, OS 12.6; DP 11.22, Waves, Izotope RX10 Advanced, Alloy, Nectar, PSP stuff, Plug-In Alliance, Metric Halo ULN-8 MkIV, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Presonus Central Station, and (still) no air conditioning (but at least now there is airflow)

Annex: Mac Pro 2010 5,1 3.33GHz 12-core, 80GB RAM, 10.14.6, DP 11.22, Metric Halo ULN8 MkIV, MOTU 2408III
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah. I getting the same. About half the previous distance.

DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.