DP Sonic Modulator Plugin - Vanished - RESOLVED

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP Sonic Modulator Plugin - Vanished - RESOLVED

Post by lampfilmusic »

From DP Plugins (set), the Sonic Modulator plugin has vanished. I’ve checked Preferences>Audio plugins and the AU and VST folders themselves. Gone.

Does anyone know how I can get this back without having to re-install everything? :(
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: DP Sonic Modulator Plugin - Vanished

Post by James Steele »

lampfilmusic wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:11 am From DP Plugins (set), the Sonic Modulator plugin has vanished. I’ve checked Preferences>Audio plugins and the AU and VST folders themselves. Gone.

Does anyone know how I can get this back without having to re-install everything? :(
What version of DP are you on? DP 11.21? It's hard to imagine how it should be gone.

Firstly, the Sonic Modulator plugin isn't an AU or VST... it's a MAS plug-in and those are now contained inside the DP application itself.

First check to see if it's there:

• Go find the Digital Performer application in the Finder.
• Right click on it and choose "Show Package Contents" from the popup menu
• Open the "Contents" folder
• Open the "MacOS" folder
• Open the "Plugins" folder
• Open the "MAS" folder
(Alternatively you'd just go to "Digital Performer.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/MAS")
• Now you will see all of DP's included plugins. Scroll down and you should see "Sonic Modulator.bundle".

If the plugin is missing then something is majorly wrong, because as you can see, it's pretty much impossible to delete it by mistake. If for some strange reason it is missing, I could attach that particular bundle here and you could copy it into the correct location, but I'd be shocked if that's the issue.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

If you are looking for it under Finder/Find File, it doesn't show up unless you set a number of filters to locate it.

I use Find Any File, available as shareware or in the App Store (App Store version updates automatically as they are released). There are other advanced search apps but this is the one I prefer. As you can see, Find Any File shows exactly where it is.
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.47.32 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.47.32 AM.png (116.44 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.47.53 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.47.53 AM.png (92.66 KiB) Viewed 582 times
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:52 amAs you can see, Find Any File shows exactly where it is.
Yep... or just drill down into the DP app as I described. Shouldn't be hard to find. And I can't imagine it would disappear from inside the DP app!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Sonic Modulator is one of those plugins that doesn't work on certain types of tracks.

For example; it works mono-to-stereo, but does not work stereo-to-stereo or mono-to-mono.

Were you possibly trying to use it on a stereo track? In that case, it simply doesn't show up in the plugins list.
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I bet you’re right, Frank! That sounds like the most logical reason this is happening.

lampfilmusic

Post by lampfilmusic »

James, Frank, Michael - thank you so much for your perceptive and expert tips. :D
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

lampfilmusic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 am James, Frank, Michael - thank you so much for your perceptive and expert tips. :D
You're very welcome.

I recommend adding the word, SOLVED, to the title of your original post. This will help others having the same issue as it will show up in a search engine..
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro