CUEMIX iOS APP AND ULTRALITE MK5

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

CUEMIX iOS APP AND ULTRALITE MK5

Post by wonder »

I just received my UltraLite mk5 today.

I have it connected to my MacBook Pro and will use it to mix backing tracks from DP.

I downloaded the iOS CueMix 5 on my iPad Pro ... can the iPad Pro remotely control the Ultralite connected to my MacBook Pro? Or is it available on iOS just for the purposes of connecting an Ultralite directly to the iPad?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
jduber
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: CUEMIX iOS APP AND ULTRALITE MK5

Post by jduber »

I've had mine since December. Like you, I had hoped that CueMix 5 would provide wireless control. Unfortunately, it does not. For the iOS app to work, your iPad (or iPhone) needs to be connected by a wire.

There is an "IP Connect" function in the iOS app and the unit has a menu item that displays its IP address. I tried but was unable to connect to that, so I wrote to MOTU support to ask about it and was told:

"IP Connect is reserved for debugging at this time....the interface can only be controlled by whichever device it is connected to. This may be something we'll see improved on in the future, so I will pass your feedback along to the team..."

If this is something you'd like, please consider letting MOTU know.

https://motu.com/en-us/company/contact/

Come on team! We're rooting for you. This would be a most-welcome improvement!!!

Best,
Jim
MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB RAM, OS Big Sur 11.7.10, Logic Pro 10.7.4, Performer Lite 11.21, Motu UltraLite MK 5, Motu Traveler Mk 1
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: CUEMIX iOS APP AND ULTRALITE MK5

Post by wonder »

The IP ADDRESS baffled me too as I thought for sure it would connect remotely given that it displayed the IP.

Oh well. Bummer.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear