Integrating UA Console and DP 11 -- New Setup Config Advice?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
otalgia-2000
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Integrating UA Console and DP 11 -- New Setup Config Advice?

Post by otalgia-2000 »

Greetings everyone

New day, new Mac, new interface.
I'm setting up DP 11 on a new Mac Studio. I've also come into an Apollo x6 which is connected to the computer by Thunderbolt 3.

I'm getting my mind around UA Console (which I gather serves a function similar to CueMix) hoping to arrive at a reasonably elegant routing configuration for projects that generally employ a combination of recorded audio & VI's.

I'm slowly gaining a better understanding of this new landscape in general, but I'm also collecting a few questions about "how this works best" and would really appreciate an opportunity to run a few questions by anyone who's already been down this path.

I'm happy to take on all comers here, but as I am not sure whether the entire group would be fascinated by an exchange of highly specific remedialisms, I'd be just as happy to take this over to the DM domain if that's a more appropriate place for such discourse.

In any case, and no matter where, if anyone is up for what I hope will be a brief & tidy exchange of factoids, I would really appreciate it.

One real headscratcher so far seems to be that I can't select "DIRECT HARDWARE PLAYTHROUGH" even though the DP User Guide (p. 251) explains that this could be a useful choice in certain contexts. On my system the "DIRECT..." option appears unselected and greyed out.

But neither can I de-select "MONITOR RECORD-ENABLED TRACKS THROUGH EFFECTS" as a way of trying to get DIRECT PLAYTHROUGH to "wake up" -- "MONITOR..THRU EFFECTS" is the only option I can take.

Is there perhaps some other setting -- either in the Studio or Setup menus, or even the system itself, that exerts an influence over the choices one can make in Configure Audio System > Input Monitoring Mode?

With thanks,
O-2k

OS 13.2.1 // DP 11 // mac studio M1 Max 64 Gb RAM // UA Apollo x6 // Micro Lite // Falcon 2 | BFD3 |