Grouping V-Rack Instruments - aux sends?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Anthropy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Grouping V-Rack Instruments - aux sends?

Post by Anthropy »

I have several v-racks with a dozen or so instruments each and I'd like to assign their busses to the same aux channel.
I've tried to create a group inside a v-rack but can't seem to make it work. the "w" or the "t" tricks don't work either.
I want each instrument within a v-rack to have it's buss assigned to a single reverb aux.
I should have thought ahead, I know, shame on me. But I didn't. I think it ought to be simple.
Doable?
DP-11 Ventura
Mac Studio M1 128gb, DP. LPX, OWC Thunderbay external 4 bay SSD, Antelope Audio Zen Go, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Event 2020 powered monitors (1st gen). Best thing = CyberPower UPS!!! We have wind, rain, snow, ice, and lots of power outages!
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Grouping V-Rack Instruments - aux sends?

Post by FMiguelez »

It's easy to assign the outs for a bunch of channels with Option-A, but not so much for assigning buses.

You can drag-copy the bus assignments from one to the other directly on the mixer, albeit one by one. This copies everything, the assignment as well as the bus parameters like send volume, send pan, etc/

If you haven't named your tracks, it might be faster to just delete them and duplicate as many as needed from a pre-assigned channel.

AFter you're done, these tracks are candidates to join your template, or at least a clipping, so if you ever need something similar you don't have to do it all over again.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman