Synchronisation

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Synchronisation

Post by mikehalloran »

In Finale, if using the Playback Window, playback starts from the beginning of the measure.

To Stop/Start in the middle of a measure, use the Space Bar, same as DP but I see there's a flag on the play: The delay caused by NotePerformer messes this up a little and I don't know of any workaround.

Hopefully, Arne Wallander can get NP4 out in the near future and it will address this among many other issues.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Thank you FMigulez and Mike, soon I will be able to work the way I want.

Now there is a thing I know that is possible and I will try to explain you even English is difficult for me.

If I start DP and Finale at 1/1/000, I will have a delay of 1 second because of Note Performer.
I know you can delay or shift (what is the word ?) the measure of 1 beat for example in DP
so that at the same time the first beat of DP is the first beat in Finale but DP plays late one beat.
Not a long time ago I read about that but I can't remember where.
May be you can see what I mean ?
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

The only problem I have now is how to tell Finale to start 1 second later after DP .....
I try since many hours and at this time found nothing .....
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio