clicking popping and sample rate issues on a traveler mk3

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
khrky
Primary DAW OS: Windows

clicking popping and sample rate issues on a traveler mk3

Post by khrky »

Hello. I have just had to reset my computers OS. It was on Windows 10 before and I had everything running pretty smoothly. Very rarely I would open a .wav file, or YouTube, or anything else with audio and my interface would slot back to 44.1khz and either pitch audio around or give me no audio at all. I could pretty easily slot it back to 48khz with Window's sound control panel though so it wasn't a real issue. I used it loyally for a year with no problem. It was a pain initially to set up and I remember I tried some other fixes than what I've done but I cant remember what they are.

I reinstalled MOTU's provided drivers and set everything up as close as I could to what I remember but can't seem to get it working the same, I have the following issues:
1. When listening to audio on YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. I get clicking, crackling, popping, etc.
2. When I open my DAW (FL studio) the audio stops for a second, shifts to 44khz, pitches down, goes back to 48khz, and then resumes. The audio inside FL is fine and I don't think it even pitch shifts down. Kind of hard to tell because I don't have any instruments around me to reference with.
3. When I mess with my audio levels inside cuemix/inside the internal leveling system I can't monitor input audio like I could before. Also can't find the 'monitor' option inside cuemix.[/list][/list]

Fixes I've tried:
1. Inside the windows sound control panel, turning off "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
2. tried all the different sample rates available to me, none works
3. tried all the different buffer sizes, nothing works.

I'm 100% sure its a sample rate issue, just don't see what I've missed that could fix this. Also, I have no idea how to fix problem #3.

New here so I'm sorry if I missed anything or missed any etiquette.