Can't re-authorize UJAM Virtual Guitarist SILK after upgrading to Ventura RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't re-authorize UJAM Virtual Guitarist SILK after upgrading to Ventura RESOLVED

Post by James Steele »

I recently upgraded from Monterey to Ventura, and overall I'm having a good experience, although I am encountering little surprises along the way. One is that my two UJAM VIs—VG Amber and VG Silk—both required me to re-authorize by instantiating the plug-in and then entering my UJAM login credentials. Makes sense since my system changed.

VG Amber authorized no problem, however I cannot authorize VG Silk. VG Silk will either not let me enter my UJAM account and password, or if I do it gives me an error saying I have no internet connection when I do. I have tried all sorts of ways to get around this, with every possible combination (Rosetta or native) in Digital Performer, Logic, Pro Tools, and Cubase and cannot authorize Virtual Guitarist SILK.

I've written to UJAM about this. Of course, on their site they are still saying that Ventura isn't officially approved. I asked if they have a timetable for an update that will let me authorize VG Silk on Ventura. Just passing this along to others who might have this VI.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can't re-authorize UJAM Virtual Guitarist SILK after upgrading to Ventura

Post by James Steele »

Actually happy to report I got this resolved. I had to update to the latest version of the UJAM app, then log in, and by doing that it authorizes your installed products automatically. Back in business!!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!