Start of file trimmed on BTD or Playback—SOLVED

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Start of file trimmed on BTD or Playback—SOLVED

Post by Rick Cornish »

I thought it was my imagination, but have now confirmed that DP is trimming the beginning of files if I start Bounce to Disk or Playback close to the beginning of the sequence.

Here's a link to a screen recording demonstrating what's happening plus audio recordings of playback from 2 seconds before the start of the sequence and 24 ticks before the start (which has always been more than enough in the past): https://we.tl/t-SlJaq9ArNX

I am also attaching a screen grab below where I lined up those two recordings above and compared. This is proof that something is happening. As I said, it happens either on playback or on BTD.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(I mean, What the heck??? :banghead: )
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 1.25.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 1.25.10 PM.png (567.5 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Last edited by Rick Cornish on Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Start of file trimmed on BTD or Playback—SOLVED

Post by Rick Cornish »

OK…

Figured it out. The culprit is a Waves plugin called "Greg Wells MixCentric."

It's done we're stuff before.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net