Ultralite Mk5 cutting out and other issues

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
LondonMike
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ultralite Mk5 cutting out and other issues

Post by LondonMike »

I've replaced my Ultralight Mk3 Hybrid which was connected to my Mac Pro (late 2013) via a FW400 to TB adapter, with the MK 5.
The Mk 3 always worked flawlessly but I'm having a number of unpredictable and erratic issues with the new unit.

I'm waiting for a replacement unit as that's the only way to rule out a hardware fault but I'm not convinced it is that.

Sometimes the unit will just cut out when working on audio in Logic and I have to turn it off and on again.
Most times when I start the unit and then launch Logic (10.7.7 on Monterey) the MIDI won't transmit until I again turn the unit off and on.

Just wondering if anybody else knows of these issues.
Mac Pro late 2013 6-core 32GB 1TB
OS Monterey
Logic 10.7.7
Motu Ultralite MK 5
chrisdm1978

Re: Ultralite Mk5 cutting out and other issues

Post by chrisdm1978 »

You can read about my adventures with the Ultralite mk5 here. Most issues I've heard about have been users on apple silicon, especially M1max. I have a maxed out Mac Pro 5,1 12 core, I did get the latency issue to occur on that machine as well. But did not do extensive testing on the Intel machine. Eventually they got firmware going that would work without the driver extension. I still can not use the low latency driver extension ( which supports loopback) successfully without the random delayed latency issue popping up as discussed in my thread. Plus random display freezes. MOTU are still trying to replicate my issue. I believe they are shipping me another unit to deal with the display issues. This will be the 4th unit I've had. I have been successfully using the unit without the driver extension.

Best,
Chris.

Thread here:
https://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72506
16 inch MacBook Pro, M3 Max, 64GB, 4TB.

http://www.chrismcintyre.ca
LondonMike

Re: Ultralite Mk5 cutting out and other issues

Post by LondonMike »

Thanks! I only just saw your reply!!
😊