MOTU Pro Audio Control effects presets?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
chrisp2u
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by chrisp2u »

Just curious if there are any factory presets, or even shared user presets available anywhere for Pro Audio Controls effects? I've looked around quite a bit and can't seem to find any. Figured they might be handy to save some time/have a starting point when setting up mixes.

Thanks in advance!
Chris
Last edited by chrisp2u on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikehalloran

Re: MOTU Pro Audio Control effects presets?

Post by mikehalloran »

This page has a number of links including info on how to use presets.

https://motu.com/proaudio/index.html
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
chrisp2u

Post by chrisp2u »

Thanks for the reply, Mike.

I did scroll through that page before, but only saw presets for routing... nothing for the on-board effects. Looking for some EQ/compression presets primarily (sorry if that wasn't clear from my previous post). DIdn't see those on there... though it's possible I overlooked it.
---
Chris
mikehalloran wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 am This page has a number of links including info on how to use presets.

https://motu.com/proaudio/index.html
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Personally, I don't find EQ or Compression presets to be of much value. OTOH, reverb presets might be more useful; that is, if the built-in MOTU reverb was any good. IMO, it stinks. I use an external Lexicon box for tracking 'verb.

I guess this is my day to offer comments that aren't very helpful. Hope you are able find something more constructive. :?
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote:OTOH, reverb presets might be more useful; that is, if the built-in MOTU reverb was any good. IMO, it stinks. I use an external Lexicon box for tracking 'verb.
Same here. I tried to dial in something *useable* with the built in reverb and just gave up. I suspect there’s just not enough internal DSP horsepower to do a passable reverb algorithm. I finally found a cheap-ish Lexicon MX200 that I could connect via SPDIF in/out on my 828es and preserve analog I/O for other better uses.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
chrisp2u

Post by chrisp2u »

James Steele wrote:I tried to dial in something *useable* with the built in reverb and just gave up. I suspect there’s just not enough internal DSP horsepower to do a passable reverb algorithm.
Yeah, I suspect that's probably the case. As for the compression and EQ, I just like to have some different presets as starting points for stuff like kick drums and snares, etc. to save a bit of time. So, mostly I'm just trying to be lazy.
---
c