All of my desktop browsers are blocking Motunation RESOLVED

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

All of my desktop browsers are blocking Motunation RESOLVED

Post by cuttime »

...but not mobile browsers, and not just Firefox:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 5.49.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 5.49.33 PM.png (448.95 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater

Re: All of my desktop browsers are blocking Motunation

Post by bayswater »

Just got the same thing. Probably something temporary until someone fixes an obscure database entry.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

bayswater wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:57 pm Just got the same thing. Probably something temporary until someone fixes an obscure database entry.
No worries. Expired certificates happen. I don’t think anything nefarious is going on.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I got that tonight as well, but when I manually typed more of the URL vs. allowing auto-fill for completion, it opened fine.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well hell... that's all I need. I guess I have to try and figure it out. I was having problem with my iPhone not allowing me to get email from the domain too. Tech support at my hosting company is fairly worthless sometimes too.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Here's a workaround that I think will work for now. If the URL in bookmarks begin with https:// edit it so it is http:// That will work for now. You're not in any grave danger AFAIK. I'm not trying get your credit card numbers or anything like that. I'm going to reach out and see what's going on as soon as I can.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Sorry I had to fix my previous message. For now trying change https:// in any bookmarks to http://. That works. The connection isn't secure but I don't have any forms here where you're having to submit credit card info, etc. It should be fine and I'm trying to get some answers. Hopefully it's not something I have to shell out much money for. In case you haven't noticed, Sweetwater pulled their banner ad so this is a money loser now.

I may have to shrink the header graphic and try to put up an less intrusive google ad just to the right of it at some point.

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Had the same thing happen in Safari today.

Say James, is it possibly a bit "coincidental" that this has happened only a day or two after the Google search-box plugin or whatever it was, was added?

Just thinking out 'loud really. I wonder what would happen if you tried turning it off temporarily.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

monkey man wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:26 pmSay James, is it possibly a bit "coincidental" that this has happened only a day or two after the Google search-box plugin or whatever it was, was added?
Pretty sure that has no affect on it. The search box is just an extension to phpBB and doesn't have any impact on the security certificate.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

As I said... I've sent an email out to the guy who helps me with this stuff, and hopefully he can get it sorted. It's above my paygrade. The problem is that now any link to a page on MOTUnation that begins with https:// will cause an error. If you don't specify that prefix and just type motunation.com or use http:// it will be okay.

One actual problem related to the Google Search is not the box it self, but all the results it returns were when it was crawled by Google when the certificate was working. So the links for the results all begin with https:// so clicking those links will cause a problem.

Hopefully I will hear back soon from the guy. I do what I can do. If anyone's unhappy... you know the drill. See Doris for a full refund of your membership dues. :D

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

James Steele wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:48 pmPretty sure that has no affect on it. The search box is just an extension to phpBB and doesn't have any impact on the security certificate.
Ah... thank you James.

Just seemed like a bit of a coincidence is all - never happened in the 18 years I've been here and then happens 2 days after the feature is enabled; a reasonable query in this light IMHO.

Thanks again mate.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah. Well if I wasn’t having a good enough time… Tapatalk doesn’t work now because it’s not a secure connection.

Honestly sometimes I’m not sure it’s worth the aggravation anymore. 😡

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

This problem seems to have disappeared.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Yes, all seems to be working again. I had to close my desktop Safari tab and reopen it (which presumably cleared its cache?) and all seems fine on all browsers. I think Doris needs a raise.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... my browser still says "Not Secure" at the top, but it might take a while. I ended up paying a guy to get on the phone with my hosting provider and explain what was going on because I really had no clue.