Use MOTU Traveler as stand alone for both inputs and outputs?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
tobeyg
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Use MOTU Traveler as stand alone for both inputs and outputs?

Post by tobeyg »

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 as my main sound card. I've recently bought the MOTU Traveler mk1 to use as a standalone unit synced and connected through optical ADAT to the Focusrite.

I've followed the instructions for setting up mix buses that would send audio in from the Traveler to the Focusrite with success. Audio that comes in on the Traveler is coming in on channels 11-18 on the Focusrite.

But what if I also want to use the outputs of the Traveler? I'm currently working in Ableton Live, and I would just like to be able to send out audio via the Focusrite to the Traveler with ADAT in the same way. Would I need to do these settings on the Focusrite first?

When looking in CueMix FX, I can't seem to find a way of routing ADAT input to audio outputs, since the buses that I've set up is limited to four and have the inputs currently set to each of the analog inputs with the corresponding ADAT outputs. So I can't really add a layer of outputs and inputs going in the opposite direction, or can I?

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I'm very new to connecting devices together like this.