828mkII fw win10 drivers?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Raindogred
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828mkII fw win10 drivers?

Post by Raindogred »

just installed a firewire card that previously worked well in my pc with my old 828mkII. Wondering whether there drivers for win10 from 2015 or later?. on the MOTU site is says the last drivers are circa 2012 ( 3 years before win10 was released). Do these drivers work, or are there others. Any info about known rabbit holes, before I attempt this folly, much appreciated.
cheers
Raindogred

Re: 828mkII fw win10 drivers?

Post by Raindogred »

forget about it guys LOL. just installed the windows audio installer..it all just works. Does this Motu stuff ever die??? Don't want to jinx myself, but plugged in my 8pre FW to the 828s onboard fw connection, Reaper sees it all. no glitches, no pops and plays back a mix..so far so good ;) will do some test recordings and see how its all going. cheers
Raindogred

Post by Raindogred »

OK there's one issue. there doesn't appear to have been wdm drivers installed so play back in youtube not possible, vids just don't play..doesnt crash the system. changed windows setttings to realtek ibuilt sound card on my mobo' and get gloriously tinny mono from back of my computer. work around is to use my behringer fca1616 for wdm duties feeding my mixer. if anyone knows a fix in motu, let me know, otherwise the 828 and 8pre working well.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

Finding the right combination of drivers that allows everything to “just work” over Windows is not an enviable task. I wish you the best of luck on that.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Raindogred

Post by Raindogred »

I just re-installed the drivers. The wdm drivers were there, windows playback seems to be working ok now. I think i screwed up the install by having a machine, turned on and plugged in, before installing drivers. There were a couple clicks and pops, went change buffer and driver wouldn’t open. Uninstalled, re-installed with machines shut down, a couple of restarts...hey what can I say, its a windows thing haha. anyways now the wdm driver are working correctly. Raised the buffer, will test today, and if theres any dramas, as Arnie says “ I’ll be baark”.

I really really want to push my luck and also want to get a behringer fca1616 hooked up as an adat slave to one of the motu. I did have the 8pre as a slave to the behringer for ages..they worked well together. Trying to get 2 ancient motu box and a behringer device all talking nicely in windows should be fun..what do i need hair for anyways?