error when bouncing to disc

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bouzouki
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

error when bouncing to disc

Post by bouzouki »

Hi, and Happy New Year to you!
In DP 11.2 I'm getting the error message 'MAS-0 error reported by Core Audio Export Plugin ???[-1]' when I try to bounce my tracks to disk. Any ideas of how I might remedy this? I don't know where to find the Core Audio Export Plugin.
Thank you for any help.
Sylvia
mikehalloran

Re: error when bouncing to disc

Post by mikehalloran »

Reboot and see if you still have a problem.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bouzouki

Post by bouzouki »

Thank you, Mike,
I rebooted. Unfortunately, the same error occurs..
bouzouki

Post by bouzouki »

In fact, I just tried a different song, and it also caused the same error. Mmmmm.
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

I had this exact same problem, but my posts about it were moved to the Troubleshooting forum. Basically, DP cannot export using CoreAudio under the most recent Mac OS. They say they're working on it and hope to get it solved in the next upgrade.

You can export using the native formats towards the top of the Bounce to Disc menu. Maybe then you can use Compressor to convert to a different format if you need mp4 or m4a or whatever.

To export QuickTime movies, I have to move the project to an older computer that's still running Catalina, and export using that installation of Digital Performer.
Rodney Sauer
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

RodneySauer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:37 pm I had this exact same problem, but my posts about it were moved to the Troubleshooting forum. Basically, DP cannot export using CoreAudio under the most recent Mac OS. They say they're working on it and hope to get it solved in the next upgrade.
So, this is a Ventura issue? Native or over Rosetta 2?

Not seeing this in Monterey on either of my Macs.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

RodneySauer wrote:I had this exact same problem, but my posts about it were moved to the Troubleshooting forum.
Because that’s where it belongs. Likewise this post has been moved also. That’s the forum for posting about problems/issues.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bouzouki

Post by bouzouki »

mikehalloran wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:53 pm
RodneySauer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:37 pm I had this exact same problem, but my posts about it were moved to the Troubleshooting forum. Basically, DP cannot export using CoreAudio under the most recent Mac OS. They say they're working on it and hope to get it solved in the next upgrade.

Yes, I upgraded to Ventura 13.1 and then the problem started.
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

mikehalloran wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Yes, Ventura. I moved to a new MacBook that has Ventura installed. I’m assuming native, since Digital Performer 11.21 is native, right? I’m not familiar enough with Rosetta to be able to give a useful answer,.. but don’t upgrade to Ventura if you need the Core Audio bounce to disk formats (including QuickTime).
Rodney Sauer
www.mont-alto.com
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

For what it's worth, I upgraded my MacBook to Ventura 13.2, and the CoreAudio export still doesn't work. Not entirely unexpected: I suspect we need a DP upgrade to fix this bug.
Rodney Sauer
www.mont-alto.com
guvuhmann

Post by guvuhmann »

I have the same problem. On a 2020 Intel iMac, running Ventura 13.1.
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

...and if you were wondering, yesterday's Mac update to 13.2.1 does not fix this issue.
Rodney Sauer
www.mont-alto.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

RodneySauer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:03 am
I suspect we need a DP upgrade to fix this bug.
Yes, it affects both Intel and Silicon Macs.

Fortunately, exporting to the non-CoreAudio formats works fine.
Attachments
Formats.jpg
Formats.jpg (186.29 KiB) Viewed 907 times
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

Yes, and I use non-Core Audio export with Compressor to export compressed sample files. But my biggest work is in silent film scoring, so I do need to be able to export movies and short sequences in sync with my audio, so fixing this will make my life significantly easier.
Rodney Sauer
www.mont-alto.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I hate to criticize MOTU, but it seems like this export problem really deserves a hotfix release... like a DP 11.22 or 11.25. I just did a bounce to QuickTime movie last night since I'm still on Monterrey and I'm quite glad go have it. A friend of mine gave me some footage of a movie pitch he's working on just for playing with... and it's nice to have.

Export bug: MOTU must face. :lol:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!