Happy New Year... here's the "light theme" people were asking for.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Happy New Year... here's the

Post by James Steele »

Tritonemusic wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:36 am
James Steele wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am Ha! Didn’t think anyone would notice! I added that a few days ago.
I noticed it. Looks good!
Thanks! I also updated the logo artwork in the Tapatalk app and the primary background color. Tapatalk also allows for a cover photo, but haven't bothered with that one yet.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Re: Happy New Year... here's the

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am
Rick Cornish wrote:Hey James.....
Maybe you did this when you rolled out the new, "light" theme, but I just noticed the new MOTUnation favicon. Cool!
Ha! Didn’t think anyone would notice! I added that a few days ago.
We are always watching!
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
nk_e

Re: Happy New Year... here's the "light theme" people were asking for.

Post by nk_e »

James Steele wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:11 pm <SNIP>
So much to think about for so little to no financial renumeration. hahaha. This is why you sort of get what you get with these types of forums. They are indeed a labor of love. Many a time I have somewhat defensively responded to criticism by suggesting that those who have a problem with user-run forums go over to phpBB.com, download the board software, install it on some server space and start their own board. I've had zero takers.

Only when it became *easy* by creating a Facebook group, for example, were there alternatives which ironically may get more traffic than this place. I just don't like the idea of Zuckerberg owning all the content. That doesn't happen here. Technically I suppose may I do, but I think of this place as a repository of knowledge for all users. And sometimes, even that OLD knowledge found in posts years old, helps someone.

Even though my profile says I joined in July 2007, I've actually been a member longer. I had some other user name and there was some sort of transition... I had to re-join....it's all lost in the mists of time to me.

But MotuNation has been a mainstay for me almost EVERY day since waaaay back. There are periods where I use DP intensively and periods when I don't. But my engagement here doesn't vary much. I check the forum just about everyday. There is so much good, solid, useful DP and non-DP information that is shared here. I can't tell you how many times folks have saved my keister by just sharing knowledge.

When I was younger (many years ago), I used to chafe a bit at the 'no politics and other BS' rule you stringently enforced. I long ago came to see its wisdom as this is one place where we discuss what we came here to discuss and not get distracted by BS.

I just want you to know how much what you do, for free, and on your own dime touches me and probably a lot of other people too.

Thank you James.

PS

I'm not a fan of the redesign....but I'll live with it! I'll live with it!! :rofl:

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I appreciate the kind words.

As for the no-politics rule, I'm actually very proud of that. I wanted this place to be an oasis from all that where we can talk about what we have in common. I can't say any more than that lest I break my own rules.

As far as the current theme... I gave up trying to please everyone. No matter what you do, someone's going to not like it and it's not even the number of voices that don't like something that matters... it's how loud they are. I found the whole experience very frustrating. I'd start out with one theme... then make changes to please someone else... which in turn would them make someone else unhappy. I settled on "clean and uncluttered" above all.

Is what it is...
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Was reluctant to start a thread about it and figured I'd wait 'til someone brought it up.

I noticed straight-away Brother Jimbo. Nice mate. Thank you! :headbang:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here