What's the online retailer that sells WUP at discount?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What's the online retailer that sells WUP at discount?

Post by James Steele »

The subject says it all. I remember there was an online retailer that you could submit some info to and they would get back to you with a discounted quote for WUP. Anyone remember?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: What's the online retailer that sells WUP at discount?

Post by James Steele »

Nevermind... found the one I remember...

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/wup/

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
tremo

Post by tremo »

Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.4.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 10.8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

tremo wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:55 am Another one is Audio Deluxe:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/waves-wup-renewal
Ahhh!!! Thank you! Actually that's the one I remember... I was mistaken. Guess I'll go by there too and give them my code and see who comes in less just as an experiment. Appreciate it!

Hmmm... it's funny that their websites look very similar and they way the process the quote also. I wonder if these two sites are owned by the same company? Interesting. Well, we will see if there's any *competition* amongst these retailers on WUP prices.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

tremo wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:55 am Another one is Audio Deluxe:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/waves-wup-renewal

Well, I'm glad you mentioned them. Before I tell the rest of this quick story I should point out that the WUP was just for ONE plug-in and it was pretty cheap to start with. It was going to cost $13.41 direct from Waves.

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 1.43.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 1.43.09 PM.png (57.43 KiB) Viewed 2360 times

But hey... I'm cheap and I figured there might be a way to save enough for two tacos from Jack in the Box for 99¢ if I see what these online retailers will do. The results were interesting:

AudioDeluxe got back to me first. Their price on WUP was $12.00. That's $1.41. There's my two tacos! On top of it, they had a free gift on check out of Audio Things FLIP EQ thrown into the deal. Pretty cool. Plus I had a whopping 62¢ worth of DeluxeBucks in my account which dropped it to $11.38. Now I saved $2.04. I'm not all the way there, but now I can almost get FOUR tacos... or maybe the "value drink" to go with them.

audiodeluxewupupgrade.gif
audiodeluxewupupgrade.gif (133.91 KiB) Viewed 2360 times

Patience, though... maybe Plugin Discounts will get back to me with an even BETTER deal? So I postponed accepting the Audio Deluxe deal.

This morning I received an email in response to my WUP inquiry from Plugin Discounts. It read "Sorry, this is below our minimum processing amount of $50."

plugindiscounts.gif
plugindiscounts.gif (52 KiB) Viewed 2356 times

I get it! It's a small amount and maybe the fee to pay their credit card processor makes it not worth it. Oh well. So I just now paid the WUP at AudioDeluxe and then I'm off to the Jack in the Box down the street later to have my two tacos! And if I feel especially hungry I'll chip in a dime of my own money and get FOUR!! Then I'll come home an install and test out the free plugin they gave me! Competition IS good for the consumer! :lol:

And yes... I had too much time on my hands lately! :lol:

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Follow up... replied to Plugin Discounts' email and told them (politely) about my experience with Audio Deluxe. I received a very nice response. They claimed that they instituted this policy because they'd have people like me submit small dollar WUP quotes, expecting some massive 50% discount and when it was only a buck or two, the customers would get irate! Sounds nuts, but I can believe there are people like that. Hey... a buck is a buck, right?

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

I like Audio Deluxe, too.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 pm I like Audio Deluxe, too.
Johnny B's, bro! Maybe after Christmas? :D

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:12 pm
HCMarkus wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 pm I like Audio Deluxe, too.
Johnny B's, bro! Maybe after Christmas? :D
Absolutely!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Jack in the Box tacos? You're a braver man than I. My stomach can take about anything except those belly bombs. :surrender:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro