MachFive3 can't find files...

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MachFive3 can't find files...

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

I've had this trouble before after moving a DP 9.12 project to a different Mac, but now it's happening when I switch to a different DP project already previously opened and saved on the same Mac: Many of the MachFive3 windows will say "Files cannot be found...." I try to use the Find File function, but after clicking on several steps, it won't open all the way to the sound in the MachFive3 library. So I click the button to "Discard All Errors" and then I can go through the steps to re-load the sound from scratch. The TROUBLE is that although the sound re-loads successfully, all the editing I had previously done to the sound in MachFive3 is GONE. Does anyone know how to fix or at least prevent this? Now I'm getting paranoid and Freezing tracks as much as possible. I've not upgraded to DP 9.52 with it's Pre-rendering because of a bug in the pitch correction which I could not fix.

Related question: Is there a way to save a MachFive3 preset within DP so that if I have to reload the sound I can recall the editing I did to it? Maybe take a snapshot of the MIDI track?? Any other trick???

Setup Info: DP 9.12 on Mavericks on a 2012 MacMini 16 GB Ram, using MachFive3 as a plugin in DP.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Doug
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MachFive3 can't find files...

Post by mikehalloran »

There are many threads on this, the most recent being this:

viewtopic.php?t=72689&hilit=MachFive3

It should answer all your questions.

Perhaps James can edit out some of the superfluous comments and make it a sticky.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

This looks to me like a different issue?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

Yes, It's a different issue not covered by the thread Mike kindly recommended.

Doug
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Tidwells@aol.com wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:41 am Yes, It's a different issue not covered by the thread Mike kindly recommended.
I don’t think updating DP or the OS will fix this. I had it happening and never figured out why. Clearing errors was the only way out. When it was apparent that M5 was at a dead end (from the not so subtle hint from UVI) , I went for the Falcon cross-grade, and didn’t invest much time on a solution, and no long deal with this.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8