Dp 11.22 speeds up in windows 10

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rolandz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dp 11.22 speeds up in windows 10

Post by Rolandz »

Dp 11.22 speeds up imported movie audio when importing into track for editing audio tried different frame rates still same audio is imported mp4 works on mac ver but not PC windows 10
whittymusic

Re: Dp 11.22 speeds up in windows 10

Post by whittymusic »

Did you figure this out? Im thinking of upgrading
Rolandz

Post by Rolandz »

Hi The problem I found is the background processing for audio must be off in preferences in DP and suggest using a movie template which seems to pull in the video mp4 imported from samsung cell phone quite well ARA off . I feel not enough attention is paid to the windows ver of DP as compared to MAC as the idea is to use both platforms where necessary . In logic Cubase cakewalk all good why DP windows all this heart ache I mean i like DP but hey Im a simple old school muso I play it in all live from a selfie and want it towork in DP and Logic on mac and it doesnt as I would like it too but hey nothings perfect and I really appreciate DP but this iLok story is another pain works machine only mode Nope only when the ilok is in so dont forget the dongle at home guys and the cloud doesnt work so Im wondering why doesnt Motu improve on macfive the best sampler in my book and the mixer for live pads is better than most as you load in a studio of gear with a mixer in one track just manupilate the mixer fader fantastic but please the windows version is somewhat not so great also the Logic piano rol and score editor is inspirational together vs DP quickscribe and sequence window is not inspirational on the fly so i use both yet in some strange way i thing motu is getting there but still far away for a composer like me in my small way
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Rolandz wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:53 am...why doesnt Motu improve on macfive the best sampler in my book...
Pretty sure MachFive was developed by UVI for MOTU and for whatever reason that relationship came to an end. I would strongly suggest checking out Falcon, which is their flagship product. Falcon is what MachFive probably would have gradually evolved to... essentially MachFive 4 (or 5). If you write to UVI support and mention that you owned MachFive, they will often give you a competitive upgrade price that is better than buying it as a totally new user.

https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/falcon.html

It's a great synth. Frankly, in many ways I like it better than Kontakt, but Kontakt seems to have become the standard with more third party libraries available for it than any other.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!