828 mk3 hybrid Pci Audio Console (CueMix FX software) is not loading

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
some composer
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828 mk3 hybrid Pci Audio Console (CueMix FX software) is not loading

Post by some composer »

Hi everybody,

I hope you guys can help as I can't for the life of me know what is wrong here and how to fix the problem.

I am on Windows 10. When I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 ages ago, on my laptop I noticed that the Pci Audio Console (CueMix FX software) would not load

This is the console I am talking about:

However, on my main music computer somehow I managed to make it work by looking for the latest drivers for my 828 Mk3 card.

So, fast forward a year from my new PC, I have decided to wipe my hard drive clean and install a fresh copy of windows 10 (the same as before).

This time though, although I took the exact same steps, the Pci Audio Console is not loading.

Instead I get this message: "An error has occurred in the AudioWire driver: internal AudioWire driver logic error (15)"

I have looked everywhere how to fix this and I cannot find the solution.

I also upgraded to Windows 10 22H2 version. The MOTU Audio Console (the one where one can set kHz and buffer size) works fine, but the Pci Audio console is just not working...

How will I be able to use the card without this console??

Also, no matter which version drivers I used, the same thing is happening.

I hope you guys can help.
Last edited by some composer on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828 mk3 hybrid Pci Audio Console is not loading

Post by mikehalloran »

Pci Audio Console
????

The 828 mk3 Hybrid is USB 2 or FireWire. It takes the same Windows drivers and uses the same manual.

MOTU's PCIe interfaces are different. Do you have one of those? If so, what?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
some composer

Re: 828 mk3 hybrid Pci Audio Console (CueMix FX software) is not loading

Post by some composer »

The 828 mk3 Hybrid is USB 2 or FireWire. It takes the same Windows drivers and uses the same manual.

Thank you so much for your interest in this, I have no idea how to fix this, also , apologies, I was referring to the Cue Mix FX Software as is shown on the jpeg link on my post.

So the process was to go to the MOTU site and look for the drivers here: https://motu.com/en-us/download/product/269/

I installed the latest drivers as per the way I always did.

And so, the card works fine with my PC, no problems there.

I then click on the MOTU Audio console (the application which has a microphone as its image) and works fine, it comes up fine, I can change buffer size etc.

But when I click on the MOTU PCI Audio Console , then I get the error massage I described above.

I used to click on the MOTU PCI Audio Console application and the CueMix FX software used to come up fine...

Apologies if I am understanding wrong, I am a light user and beyond installing and clicking to applications, I have no idea how to delve deep into the ins and outs with drivers etc.

I don't know if I did something wrong and if so what is was. I followed normal steps, found the drivers downloaded them etc.
some composer

Re: 828 mk3 hybrid Pci Audio Console is not loading

Post by some composer »

mikehalloran wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:33 am
Pci Audio Console
????

Thank you so much for your interest in this, I have no idea how to fix this, also , apologies, I was referring to the Cue Mix FX Software as is shown on the jpeg link on my post.

Also, I don't understand this part "MOTU's PCIe interfaces are different. Do you have one of those? If so, what?" I don't understand the difference between a PCI interface (standalone ??) and what is what is installed by the drivers for the MK3 828 hybrid. The MK3 828 goes is connected by USB2. And so was in the past when the CueMix FX software was working fine. But now it's just not coming up.

So the process was to go to the MOTU site and look for the drivers here: https://motu.com/en-us/download/product/269/

I installed the latest drivers as per the way I always did.

And so, the card works fine with my PC, no problems there.

I then click on the MOTU Audio console (the application which has a microphone as its image) and works fine, it comes up fine, I can change buffer size etc.

But when I click on the MOTU PCI Audio Console , then I get the error massage I described above.

I used to click on the MOTU PCI Audio Console application and the CueMix FX software used to come up fine...

Apologies if I am understanding wrong, I am a light user and beyond installing and clicking to applications, I have no idea how to delve deep into the ins and outs with drivers etc.

I don't know if I did something wrong and if so what is was. I followed normal steps, found the drivers downloaded them etc.
some composer

Post by some composer »

OK, light user mistake,

The Cue Mix FX works fine,

Cheers
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

I think the app is called PCI Audio Setup, and it’s only useful if you have a MOTU PCIe-424 card installed in a PCIe slot in your computer. There are older MOTU interfaces that are then connected to the card via “audiowire” which is a proprietary MOTU protocol. The cable looks like a FireWire 400 cable.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
some composer

Post by some composer »

James Steele wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:24 am I think the app is called PCI Audio Setup, and it’s only useful if you have a MOTU PCIe-424 card installed in a PCIe slot in your computer. There are older MOTU interfaces that are then connected to the card via “audiowire” which is a proprietary MOTU protocol. The cable looks like a FireWire 400 cable.
Many thanks,

You are right, it was a blunder from my end.

I was looking for the CueMix FX software and confused the two.

I have been using the MOTU MK3 828 hybrid through a USB, I used to have a PCI for the firewire connection but I am not using it any more.

So, I completely forgot, and looking for the virtual audio desk (CueMix FX), I kept going to the PCI audio console app, as I said, I am a light user, I appreciate you time!