MTP/AV sending small sysex messages. How to stop?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MTP/AV sending small sysex messages. How to stop?

Post by James Steele »

I don't recall I ever had this issue before and I don't know if it's because I previously had an original MTP connected to the network port that his not there now, but it's putting out a tiny sysex message every second or so and I cannot get it to stop. This is what MIDI Monitor sees:

sysexfrommtpav.png
sysexfrommtpav.png (94.05 KiB) Viewed 210 times

It's annoying, of course, because when I try to record a bulk dump from a hardware synth, for example, the recorded dump is "contaminated" with all these messages. Theoretically I could still send them back out to a synth and I supposed the receiving synth would filter them out since they're the wrong manufacturer, but still... does anyone know how to get this to stop?

I did find a topic in a forum that purported to solve it but it wasn't really. Closing Clockworks doesn't fix this... this message is constantly sent no matter what it seems. I am HOPING I don't have to buy a new interface, but this is sort of a burr under my saddle and I'm just OCD enough to buy a more modern MOTU MIDI interface if this is going to persist.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MTP/AV sending small sysex messages. How to stop?

Post by James Steele »

I'm seriously ready to just "throw money at the problem" which I'm learning is what happens when you haven't upgraded gradually over the years, but have remained static for 15 years or more using obsolescing audio and MIDI interfaces and decide to play catch up all at once. About to pull the trigger on a MIDI Express XT and just get it over with.

So far my MOTU hardware "retirement pile" over in the corner is comprised of:

(1) MOTU PCIe-424 card
(1) MOTU HD192 audio interface
(1) MOTU 24 I/O audio interface
(1) MOTU MTP/AV (with latest ROMs)
(1) MOTU MTP (original with orange unicorn logo)

The front display on my MTP/AV is kind of jacked up anyway... the knobs don't work well at it's hard to land on what you want... screw it... this is why I work hard, right? :lol: I can use the write off anyway. Section 179 is your friend. :roll:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!