NI Users—Native Access v2.7 is now available

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

NI Users—Native Access v2.7 is now available

Post by Rick Cornish »

I’ve been having NI issues ever since I did a clean install on my studio Mac Pro. Got an email from NI support today that a new version of Native Access is out. For me at least, it fixed a number of buggy issues from the previous version.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: NI Users—Native Access v2.7 is now available

Post by James Steele »

Rick Cornish wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:34 pm I’ve been having NI issues ever since I did a clean install on my studio Mac Pro. Got an email from NI support today that a new version of Native Access is out. For me at least, it fixed a number of buggy issues from the previous version.
I updated it a couple of days ago. I *still* have the problem where it requests my administrator password every time I run it and then says it's "installing dependencies." There was a fix posted in another thread that I did, and hoped that fixed it, but it was not to be. Still strange. Maybe I'll try that fix again with 2.7.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

2.7 installed without issues. I wanted to see if Kontakt 7 dropped yet. Not yet. I got the impression that it was available in the NI bundles, but not a la cart. Seems odd, but ok.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:30 pm 2.7 installed without issues. I wanted to see if Kontakt 7 dropped yet. Not yet. I got the impression that it was available in the NI bundles, but not a la cart. Seems odd, but ok.
That's weird. It's out already. I'm using it. I got it as part of my upgrade from Komplete 13 Standard to Komplete 14 Standard, but I'm pretty sure it's available separately as a paid upgrade from Kontakt 6. Usually it just makes better sense financially to upgrade a bundle.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

stubbsonic wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:30 pm 2.7 installed without issues. I wanted to see if Kontakt 7 dropped yet. Not yet. I got the impression that it was available in the NI bundles, but not a la cart. Seems odd, but ok.
I see it on the NI Products page and it updated for me last week.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Ah. I was just being stupid. I was expecting the update option/link to show in Native Access, but of course it would not!

I seem to recall NI often does a half-off thing in November, so I might just sit on my hands for a few more weeks.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

stubbsonic wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:32 pm Ah. I was just being stupid. I was expecting the update option/link to show in Native Access, but of course it would not!

I seem to recall NI often does a half-off thing in November, so I might just sit on my hands for a few more weeks.
Good luck with that. Historically, NI has skipped that the year they introduce a version upgrade. Now that they're aligned with Plugin Alliance and iZotope, who knows what we'll see next month?

Have you logged into your NI account and checked your upgrade price? Because I own multiple products from NI and SoniCulture, I have three different upgrade prices to Kontakt 7 after I log in. Expand the dropdown menu after clicking Buy to see your choices. Having upgraded to one of the Komplete 14 packages already, I'm good, of course.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Thanks, Mike. Logged in at NI, my update shows as $99. That's not a huge sacrifice. I got the K6 update for $50 (half off) two years ago. But as you say, there's a different management structure now, so my pavlovian "November-Sale" response may be unrewarded.

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

stubbsonic wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:45 am Thanks, Mike. Logged in at NI, my update shows as $99. That's not a huge sacrifice. I got the K6 update for $50 (half off) two years ago. But as you say, there's a different management structure now, so my pavlovian "November-Sale" response may be unrewarded.
OTOH, you may be rewarded for waiting another month so what’s the hurry? Let us know what happens.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I had to uninstall it and reinstall the original version. I lost a few hours, but it's not like I hadn't been warned!

Foolishly, I assumed it was required for downloading and installing my Kontakt 7 upgrade, but it wasn't. :-)

Speaking of K7, I like the new Kore-like workflow, and the browser being easier and quicker to use as well as going away to make room for the library's GUI. But I haven't done any tracking with it yet, so don't know how it is with resources. Probably by this weekend I will, but right now I'm focused on rationalizing and expanding my Synchron Player setups.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

In case it helps anybody, I was still having issues with Native Access requesting my admin password and "installing dependencies" every time I ran it. I think I finally solved the issue following the steps given in this post on the NI forum:

https://community.native-instruments.co ... ment_29774

..so here is my solution for Monterey on Mac m1.

1. Go to the app NI Access 2 and right click
2. Click on show package contents
3. Go to Contents->Resources->daemon->mac
4. Here is the installer: NTKDaemon Installer Mac.pkg
5. Install. During the install you are asked for the right given permissions, what not happens during the regular install
6. After Install restart (so i did)
For me it works. Don't blame me if it doesn't work for you. Hope this helps for you. (Again: Monterey on a M1 Mac!)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Update: the previous "solution" didn't hold. Next time I booted... NI did the whole "installing dependencies" deal and asking me for my admin password. WHY Native Instruments can't get this right, I'll never know. :shake:

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:04 am Update: the previous "solution" didn't hold. Next time I booted... NI did the whole "installing dependencies" deal and asking me for my admin password. WHY Native Instruments can't get this right, I'll never know. :shake:
Data Point: I have not had this issue with my Mac Studio/Monterey
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote:
James Steele wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:04 am Update: the previous "solution" didn't hold. Next time I booted... NI did the whole "installing dependencies" deal and asking me for my admin password. WHY Native Instruments can't get this right, I'll never know. :shake:
Data Point: I have not had this issue with my Mac Studio/Monterey
I believe you! :) For the life of me, I can’t figure out what is going on or why this persists after trying several solutions. I’m not the only one as there’s a topic on this on their forum. Weird. No biggie… I just type my admin password every time I guess.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

NI just pushed out Native Access 3.1.0 today and I noticed during the updated that the installer also requested my admin password to install a new helper tool. So far, after a relaunch and then a reboot and launch... Native Access is not asking me for my admin password to "install dependencies" but going immediately to "Activating Products" status, so this is encouraging! Knock on wood!