DP 11.2 is OUT!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
hammerman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 11.2 is OUT!!!

Post by hammerman »

Includes ARA2 support for Melodyne and much more!

https://motu.com/en-us/download/product/489/#569
Over 2 pages of bug fixes!

Enhancements introduced in version 11.2
Enhancements and optimizations
• Added ARA2 support. Apply cutting-edge audio processing to individual soundbites or entire tracks with the very latest ARA2 plug-in technology.
• Melodyne 5 EssentialTM. Now included with Digital Performer 11, Melodyne 5 EssentialTM delivers unrivaled, state-of-the-art pitch editing and beat editing to your tracks using Grammy-Award-winning algorithms.
• Audio to MIDI Conversion. The new Copy Audio to MIDI feature (Edit menu) lets you convert pitched audio or drum loops to MIDI notes.
• Tweaked MusicXML export of markers to export as rehearsal markings instead of staff text.
• Recognize "m" as a minor chord in MusicXML chord export.
• Include timed page text in MusicXML export if it's tied to a specific track.
• Added zoom/maximize button to popped-out Clip editor.
• Added the ability to double-click on the Clip Editor title bar to pop in and out of the CW.
• Added an "Auto Triplet Grid" grid mode, same as Auto Grid but subdivides into triplets as you zoom in
beyond the largest grid value (which is the same value as Auto Grid would have).
• Updated Windows custom menus to better match visual style of newer versions of Windows.
• Made VST3's that support content scaling display using the main system DPI, to match DP's current DPI-
awareness. This improves the display of VST3 plugins that support scaling but do not automatically detect
the system setting.
• Scale cursors based on fractional system scale factor (Windows).
• Improved text positioning in Windows popup alert dialogs.
• Fixed a performance problem with projects containing large numbers of soundbites (slow project opening,
copy paste slow).
• Slight change to how we read bite layering. This cut the time to read a large test file with hundreds of
thousands of bites in half.
• Improved Komplete Kontrol control surface volume and pan knob responsiveness. This fixes an issue
where the fine adjustment mode on the controller was not responding as expected.
• Improved the obsolete MIDI event detection/upgrading alerts. Don't offer to upgrade a whole project
automatically if the obsolete data is obviously invalid.
• Updated the OSC documentation for 11.1 version of OSC plugin.
• Changed patch-thru-in-background, patch-thru-style (off, direct, auto-chan) and sync recorded MIDI to
patch-thru to be preferences rather than being saved with the document.
• Changed the sync recorded MIDI to patch-thru setting to be off by default.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
whittymusic

Re: DP 11.2 is OUT!!!

Post by whittymusic »

thanks for posting!
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I see they fixed the MPE bug. I hope so. Many will be pleased about that.

Just out of curiosity, has DP's "Check for Updates Automatically" ever worked for you?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

ARA2 Support!!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Last year I purchased the whole Melodyne Studio package to work with Pro Tools, like I can with DP... what a lucky day for me!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
dix

Post by dix »

Looks like they fixed a couple of my pet bugs: Crash on assigning sends on surround tracks with automation is fixed, and Bounce stalling I think. - the stalls were intermittent, but it looks like it's fixed. ...Not fixed is crash on drag soundbites to the desktop, but I long ago eliminated that action from my work flow.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

And it's build number 92179. DP 11.2, codename "San Diego!" :woohoo:

buildnumber92179.png
buildnumber92179.png (68.44 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

dix wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:39 am Looks like they fixed a couple of my pet bugs: Crash on assigning sends on surround tracks with automation is fixed, and Bounce stalling I think. - the stalls were intermittent, but it looks like it's fixed. ...Not fixed is crash on drag soundbites to the desktop, but I long ago eliminated that action from my work flow.
Just dragged a soundbite to the desktop and it did not crash, I'll try it again in a project with multiple soundbites though. [edit] dragged a long soundbite from a song with dozens of soundbites and it did not crash!
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

dix wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:39 amNot fixed is crash on drag soundbites to the desktop, but I long ago eliminated that action from my work flow.
It wasn't specifically listed in the Read Me, but I just tried it a few times without issue. So, I'd say, "FIXED!" :D
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:57 pm
dix wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:39 amNot fixed is crash on drag soundbites to the desktop, but I long ago eliminated that action from my work flow.
It wasn't specifically listed in the Read Me, but I just tried it a few times without issue. So, I'd say, "FIXED!" :D
Ha! Undocumented fix! Those are nice little surprises! Glad to hear this!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dix

Post by dix »

Maybe not documented because it isn't fixed for everyone. Me for instance. Tried it on a few projects. All crash-on-drag to desktop.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dix wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:22 pm Maybe not documented because it isn't fixed for everyone. Me for instance. Tried it on a few projects. All crash-on-drag to desktop.
Hate to say... not surprising. There's lots of different systems out there. Seems there's always an exception and no fix seems universal anymore. Besides... and it's one of my laments as a board admin... very FEW people come to a board like this just to check in to say everything is going great. :?

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Are you dragging them from the Sequence Editor??? I"ll have to try this. It's actually something I never do. I've always exported from the Soundbites Window.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dix wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:22 pm Maybe not documented because it isn't fixed for everyone. Me for instance. Tried it on a few projects. All crash-on-drag to desktop.
FYI. Not sure what to tell you. I can do this all day long in 11.2. Worked from both the Track Overview and the Sequence Editor. I hate to even suggest it, but there might be more going on. Maybe you have some sort of extension conflict? Screen sharing .kext? Something like that. Wonder if you can safe boot and then launch DP and try it?

dix

Post by dix »

James Steele wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:59 pm Are you dragging them from the Sequence Editor??? I"ll have to try this. It's actually something I never do. I've always exported from the Soundbites Window.
Right. I never do this either, so I'm good either way. Sorry to detract from all the wonderful fixes we did get.

...FWIW this (non) issue is intermittent now for me at least. I went to make a movie of the crash and it didn't happen the first two times I tried (always from the SE btw. I rarely use the TO)