MTP and Clockworks users? No communication, freezes.. Some help maybe? OS9

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
MOTUpl
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MTP and Clockworks users? No communication, freezes.. Some help maybe? OS9

Post by MOTUpl »

Hi everyone, I'd really like to know the opinion from former/current Motu MIDI Timepiece users on OS9.
I'm experiencing some issues with the communication between my MOTU MTP AV (parallel, not USB, firmware 1.2.0) and one of my computers (Power Macintosh G3 minitower).

I've installed all the right drivers in the (supposedly) correct order (I'd like to use mainly OMS since I want to work with Pro Tools LE 5.1), this means, first OMS 2.3.8, at first it recognizes the interface generically but after choosing the "add drivers manually" or something like that, it recognizes the MTP AV without problem, showing the Motu icon and stuff and all ports reacting correctly during the tests.

Then FreeMidi 1.48, also without problem, I choose the "use OMS" option, etc. But, when I try to open Clockworks (version 1.0.7) and... well, it says there's a problem with the communication between Clockworks and the interface and suggests to disable the direct connect option on the interface (it already is) and check the cable (tried 2 different cables and still the same).

This happens while the interface and OMS are working at 1x, when you try the FAST mode, then it shows the "loading data" message like it is attempting to get the data from the MTP but it instantly freezes and you have to restart the computer. :shake:

I'm having nightmares with this, maybe some good samaritan could help? Thanks a lot in advance!
mikehalloran

Re: MTP and Clockworks users? No communication, freezes.. Some help maybe? OS9

Post by mikehalloran »

As far as what's going on now, I've little recall about an OS I abandoned 20 years ago but, if this started recently. it begs the question: How old is that CR2032 settings keep-alive battery? Mine last 6–7 years but I replace them every 5.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MOTUpl

Post by MOTUpl »

mikehalloran wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:00 pm As far as what's going on now, I've little recall about an OS I abandoned 20 years ago but, if this started recently. it begs the question: How old is that CR2032 settings keep-alive battery? Mine last 6–7 years but I replace them every 5.
I thought the battery was alive since not long ago I was using the MTP on a Windows environment without problem but, I've replaced it and it works like it should! Thanks a lot for the help! :D
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MOTUpl wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 am
mikehalloran wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:00 pm As far as what's going on now, I've little recall about an OS I abandoned 20 years ago but, if this started recently. it begs the question: How old is that CR2032 settings keep-alive battery? Mine last 6–7 years but I replace them every 5.
I thought the battery was alive since not long ago I was using the MTP on a Windows environment without problem but, I've replaced it and it works like it should! Thanks a lot for the help! :D
Glad to help.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MOTUpl

Post by MOTUpl »

mikehalloran wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:38 am
MOTUpl wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 am
Glad to help.
It's kinda incredible but, after all this time trying to find a solution, and get the problem solved by replacing the CR2032 and thus being able to use Clockworks, do all routings with ease etc., I had to format the G3 due to other reasons, then I installed all the software again: OMS 2.3.8 first, then Freemidi 1.48, configured my setup through OMS... then I open ClockWorks and...the same problem again! Several fresh new installations, tests...and always the same result "problem with the communication between Clockworks and the interface blah blah". This makes no sense to me since all seems to be the same environment as back then when I fixed the problem by changing the CR2032. Is this some kind of black magic curse or something? :deadhorse: