Update for Immersive Sound for MOTU devices

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Richard Foss
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Update for Immersive Sound for MOTU devices

Post by Richard Foss »

Following on from this post:
viewtopic.php?t=69672

We have now included the 1248, 16A, and 8A as MOTU products that will work with our ImmerGo-MOTU software. We received the data stores for these products from MOTU, and hence were able to incorporate control over them.

ImmerGo-MOTU capable devices are thus - 24Ao, 828es, UltraLiteAVB, 8M, 1248, 16A and 8A.
An ImmerGo-MOTU demo can be downloaded from: www.immersivedsp.com
The demos for Windows and Mac have now been certified - I realised that it was somewhat off putting to get unverified publisher messages! The demo allows you to select and move a sound source, while all other sound sources will be centred.

The mobile client for ImmerGo is also freely available from the Google Play or Apple App stores. The mobile client allows you to tilt for the 3rd spatial dimension.

Note - the 24Ao, 828es, UltraLiteAVB and 8M have been tested with ImmerGo, but not the 1248, 16A and 8A. Before purchasing ImmerGo, ensure that the demo works, and if it doesn't, please contact me.

Up to now ImmerGo has mostly been used for installed sound - multiple sound sources continuously moving in 3 dimensions. However, I think it is well suited to live sound - any of the inputs to a MOTU box can be moved in 3 dimensions, and there could be a number of people on mobile devices, each moving one or more sound sources.