Native Access 2 is available for download

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Native Access 2 is available for download

Post by James Steele »

Wasn't where to put this, so I put it here for now.

I came across this quite by accident while visiting an NI forum of some sort. That's the only way I knew about it. I guess it's new and hasn't been pushed out, but if you want to install it and get rid of the big white older version, go here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... -access-2/

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR M1 MAC USERS: It looks like some M1 Mac users are having issues with product activation with Native Access 2, so you should follow these instructions for keeping both versions on your M1 Mac for now: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 5955318673

For Intel users (like me... for now)... I kept both by renaming the existing "Native Access" app to "Native Access 1" and then copying over the new Native Access app from the disc image.

Here's the FAQ about it. I guess it's been available since July 1?

https://community.native-instruments.co ... cess-2-faq
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Native Access 2 is available for download

Post by James Steele »

Just as follow up, and this is only on INTEL MACS... it seems that I can have both the original Native Access app and the new one both in the Applications folder so long as the original one is renamed before installing the newer one. I test it and I can run either one and they both work. If you have an M1 Mac, there's a different method to have both versions on your Mac at once. See my previous post for the link. NI recommends doing this for now.

One thing I *did* notice is that in Native Access 2, I don't see any of the older instruments/plugs with the orange "Repair" option next to them like I do in Native Access 1. Those just don't appear at all in Native Access 2.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I think I'm going to wait until NI get it together to update, I'm mostly using an M1 Air so I don't get why I would want to go through using two different installers and jump through all those hoops to get them to work just for some search options?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Just putting it out there.

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:11 pm Just putting it out there.
Sounds like that's exactly what NI did, too. :lol:
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

HCMarkus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:16 pm
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:16 pm
Hahaha... well in truth... they only mentioned this on their forum and I was lucky to find out. It seems like it's a "soft rollout." They haven't blasted this out there yet. Almost like a public beta. I just shared it because seemed like maybe some of you guys with Apple Silicon would want to check it out since it's native. It works okay with my Intel MacPro, but as I said, it takes away the "repair" option for older instruments, etc.

waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

FWIW...

I think James is offering something he thinks might be useful.
A gift.
Feels like a slap in the face when someone is offering knowledge and the replies are snarky.

I've had this happen a few times when I was posting something I thought would be helpful.
It certainly shut me down.

Kindness... Where art thou?
All is well
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

waterstrum wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:54 am FWIW...

A gift.
Feels like a slap in the face when someone is offering knowledge and the replies are snarky.

I've had this happen a few times when I was posting something I thought would be helpful.

What are you implying? In no way is it not useful to post, but it cannot be ignored that NI are kinda dropping the ball here. It being a soft rollout makes sense I guess. You don't immediately become the updates from companies you post, and criticism of a mediocre update is not some sort of condemnation of the person who posts it.

They released an Apple Silicon compatible update that doesn't work with all of their software, that's worth talking about, and being unimpressed with that is not related to someone pointing out the release. Why make that connection mentally? So if it crashed on my system but you posted the update am I not supposed to post in the thread about it because you might take that personally?

I seriously don't understand why people read so much into something this simple, NI posted
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

A gift.

Hope you didn't find my post offensive, waterstrum. As is often true, my attempts at humor don't always land smoothly. No offense was intended.

I value James', yours, and everyone's contributions here.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

A gift.

My apologies if my ROFL'ing seemed unkind. Because I know HCMarkus as a kind-hearted human, I knew he meant no disrespect. If you re-read, you'll see he was taking a clever, funny and not-too-harsh little wink at NI (and not James). But it's a good reminder.

Thanks, James for the info about the NI Access (public beta) 2. As Michael Canavan said, I'm gonna wait until there's a less troublesome release for M1/AS.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

Hi guys, sorry if I over-reacted.
One of the things I treasure about Motunation is that it feels like family here.
I guess this just hit a sore spot for me.
Thanks for checking in about it.
Much appreciated.
I get it that no meanness was intended.
Thanks!
All is well
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

waterstrum wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:45 pm One of the things I treasure about Motunation is that it feels like family here.
Me too. :D
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:29 am

A gift.

Hope you didn't find my post offensive, waterstrum. As is often true, my attempts at humor don't always land smoothly. No offense was intended.

I value James', yours, and everyone's contributions here.
I certainly understood you were joking. I do believe my follow up post started "Hahaha!" That seems pretty clear to me. :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

waterstrum wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:45 pm Hi guys, sorry if I over-reacted.
One of the things I treasure about Motunation is that it feels like family here.
I guess this just hit a sore spot for me.
Thanks for checking in about it.
Much appreciated.
I get it that no meanness was intended.
Thanks!
It's not a problem at all. I didn't take it that way. I just thought I'd spread the word about it since NI hasn't made a big official launch announcement.