MIDI Ghosting/Flaming Notes with Via Clockworks Issue

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

synthzizer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI Ghosting/Flaming Notes with Via Clockworks Issue

Post by synthzizer »

Hey gy's n grl's.. I have a crazy issue where notes on playback from 2 different software sequencers (Encore & Sagan Metro) are double emitting the same note on the same port/MIDI Channel so when a sampler plays it back they flam/ghost out of my samplers/synths. I'm running 4x MTP-AVs & clockworks 1.6 73220 with OSX10.9.5. Everything looks good in clockworks as far as I can tell. I have been through a process of elimination. If I connect a controller keyboard to the front MTP MIDI port and route that in clockworks to the sampler it plays the notes back great/singular but from the Mac double/stacked flaming occurs of the same note. Ive tried various cable configurations and not using the secondary MTP-AVs etc. to no avail. Mappings etc look good in clockworks also. I need to change the batteries in the MTP's but that would not be the root cause. It must be something at the computer end of clockworks cause controller keyboard patched into the MTPs work fine... The ghosting/flamming is so tight it sounds like a phase issue rather than grace/flam notes if you get my drift.. any ideas would be much appreciated..