DP video resources

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP video resources

Post by sayatnova »

I have noticed there is not much in the way of DP teaching vids out there for DP 11. This all started when I was looking for a clear run-down of the new VI handling in DP 11.1. There were a few deep dives into DP with Matt that were great, but many are still not edited and released, yet, after months. However, I keep seeing Performer Lite videos being made and released fairly often. I guess the tips and topics in the Performer Lite videos are applicable to DP? Should we just look at the Lite videos as the new DP videos, then?....
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP video resources

Post by mikehalloran »

Performer Lite is version 11.04; the MIDI is similar to DP 11.04 and earlier but many features are missing. It does not support the new MIDI handling in DP 11.1.

Don't know what you mean by "months". DP 11.1 was released April 20. It will be one month on Friday.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP video resources

Post by bdr »

MOTU will not post any of the webinars. I've had many discussions with them, and they will not upload any of them until they have been 'edited'. Seeing as the most recent edited upload was over 2 years ago, it's safe to assume they will not appear. That is their priority, rather than assisting long time loyal customers who simply cannot make the webinar time. I have literally begged for access to some of these that would have helped me to see different workflows etc. They don't care.

Now they have started streaming them on Facebook also. And they are removed immediately. These were discussions of new features in DP 11.1, and they still didn't want anyone else to see them!! Someone at MOTU seems to me to be psychotically obsessed with control. I love DP but this episode has seriously soured me on MOTU.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.