Help integrating a MOTU AVB switch into my home studio

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Help integrating a MOTU AVB switch into my home studio

Post by sayatnova »

Hello Everyone,

I just ordered a MOTU AVB switch and need some info/help to incorporate it into my home studio. I currently have a netgear WIFI router that hosts my computer and our apple TV (2 separate CAT5 cables out of the router). I am looking to set up my 1248, and an iConnectivity MIO XM into the network using the new MOTU AVB switch. My question is: how do I connect everything? Do I connect the internet cable to the MOTU AVB first, and then all the other connections to the AVB (the WIFI router, the computer, the 1248, and the MIO XM)? Or, do I connect the AVB out of the netgear router (that is already connected to the internet), and then connect the other devices to that?

Thank you for your help. I have never used a network for MIDI or audio, but now I need it in my new studio layout. Looking foreard to it!
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB