You can now upload attachments/graphics in posts!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

You can now upload attachments/graphics in posts!

Post by James Steele »

I finally got this sorted out. You can now attach explanatory graphics, etc. in your posts and place them "inline" in the body of your message. It's self explanatory. When you start a new post you'll see an "Attachments" tab next to the usual "Options" tab. You can click that and then choose up to 3 files/images to upload. After you upload the file/image, you can choose where to place it in the post by placing the cursor there, then going down the the file list and clicking the "Place inline" button and it will insert a line of code like this:

(attachment=0)mygraphic.jpg(/attachment)

To demonstrate this works, below is a DP11 pic. Note: please do not abuse this feature with *excessive* posting of memes and silly graphics. Some is okay, but I’d prefer if you’re gonna do much of that, you host those images offsite. I'm enabling this feature primarily to assist people who need to attach pictures showing a problem with a piece of hardware, or a screen capture from DP to help explain a concept or solve a problem, etc.

dp11.png
dp11.png (92.3 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!