UltraLite AVB Ethernet Issue

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Garf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UltraLite AVB Ethernet Issue

Post by Garf »

Hey All.
I'm having issues with the Ethernet port on my UltraLite AVB. It shows intermittently in Discovery. Even when it does, it can't open Pro Audio Control. The browser times out every time when trying to connect to the IP address.
Trying to do a firmware update as well but the update page is blank in Discovery.
Tried different cables Cat5 Cat5e and Cat6. Did a factory reset. No luck.

Any thoughts? Thank you
PhireAlly
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UltraLite AVB Ethernet Issue

Post by PhireAlly »

Hi,
When I was having issues with AVB, I did some research and found some answers that helped me to figure it out.
Below is some of the info and a video that helped my understanding of AVB networking.

As I recall, This is what I did before MOTU had their AVB Driver ready so I'm not sure if it would cause a conflict with the current MOTU driver.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure your AVB is setup correctly. There are some little quirks that can cause headaches.

Here are some of those "little quirks" to look out for.....

Few things to note...
(1) Do NOT check your Ultralite radio button in the Audio MIDI Setup > Network Device Browser window.
It's going to create another "entity" that will cause problems.

(2) In Network Prefereces, select Ethernet then choose Advance (Lower right corner)
Goto the Hardware tab and change the "Configure" dropdown from Automatically to Manually.
This prevents another "entity" from being created.

(3) Locate the Apple "AVB Audio Configuration App" and drag it to your dock.

It's can be found here ...
Macintosh HD > System > Library > Core Services > AVB Audio Configuration app.
This is the app that the Presonus Universal Control and the Terminal command from the video below will launch.

A few more things to note ...
(1) MOTU AVB Audio Interfaces only support 8 channel streams.
(2) Media clock Input stream is not necessary for MOTU AVB Audio Interfaces. Leave it at its default setting.
(3) Choose (IEC-61883-6 AMB-24 48kHz 8 data blocks non-blocking 8 MBLA) ... for all your input and output Stream Formats.

Follow this video and you should be ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Rkl7Th_1g

Hope that helps,
PhireAlly
MacMini M1, 8-Core @ 3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, MacOS 12.6.5 (Monterey)
MOTU 1248 - MOTU 16A - (2) MOTU 8A - Arturia AudioFuse - Antelope ZenGO
Studio One Pro 6 - Logic Pro 10 - Nuendo 12 - MOTU DP 11

Acustica - Antares - Apogee - Arturia - Blue Cat - Boz Digital - Celemony - Dolby - Eventide - FabFilter - Flux
HorNet - IK - iZotope - Kazrog - McDSP - Melda - Nomad Factory
Plugin-Alliance - Softube - Soundtoys - Tokyo Dawn - UAD-2_TB2 & PCIe
Valhalla - Waves v14