How to analyze my final mix comparing with other daw

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
harmonicaman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

How to analyze my final mix comparing with other daw

Post by harmonicaman »

After I finish

In reaper I click render and I get this. It shows me how many clips and many useful information what about digital performer?

Thanks in advance
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How to analyze my final mix comparing with other daw

Post by James Steele »

If you have used Digital Performer for any time, I think you know the answer to this. It does not have that same feature from Reaper. Reaper doesn’t have some features that Digital Performer has, either. I certainly don’t have time to go into a comparison of each DAW. I would say this though, that you should perhaps consider having some sort of safety limiter engaged when you mix down to catch the occasional overs.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
harmonicaman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by harmonicaman »

James Steele wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:20 am If you have used Digital Performer for any time, I think you know the answer to this. It does not have that same feature from Reaper. Reaper doesn’t have some features that Digital Performer has, either. I certainly don’t have time to go into a comparison of each DAW. I would say this though, that you should perhaps consider having some sort of safety limiter engaged when you mix down to catch the occasional overs.

OK thanks so you mean DP has some sort of safety limiter for this purpose . Can you kindly tell me how to add that?
Thanks in advance
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Masterworks Limiter should be placed on the output Bus that feeds your mix track. Set max level to wherever you desire; -1.0dB is a good level that should avoid most, if not all, inter-sample overs.

You can also use the Limiter to tame peaks in your mix and thus bring the average level up a bit. Google "Audio Mastering".