how to let reverb effect apply only one track not all

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
harmonicaman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

how to let reverb effect apply only one track not all

Post by harmonicaman »

I am trying to apply reverb to only one track
but it is effecting all tracks

here

Thanks in advance
CharlzS

Re: how to let reverb effect apply only one track not all

Post by CharlzS »

I can't really see how you have things setup, but here's an article that shows how to set up a reverb on an aux track. It's for DP, but it's the same process.
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... ds-returns

The easiest would be to just put the reverb as an insert on the individual track and use the reverb's mix (wet/dry) control. The aux-send scenario will serve you better as things develop.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

CharlzS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:37 am I can't really see how you have things setup, but here's an article that shows how to set up a reverb on an aux track. It's for DP, but it's the same process.
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... ds-returns

The easiest would be to just put the reverb as an insert on the individual track and use the reverb's mix (wet/dry) control. The aux-send scenario will serve you better as things develop.
Well I watched a video tutorial on youtube Motu tv and followed exactly I am sending it to reverb track just one track however it is effecting all

Thanks in advance
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

Looks alright, though I can't see the plugs you're using in the upper slots. Possibly your condenser mic is picking up room and that's the reverb you're hearing?
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

You have the individual track going to Bus 1–2 which is fine but you have a separate Reverb track also going to Bus 1–2.

Back off a step. You don't need reverb going anywhere else if you only want it on one track. Just place it as an Insert on the one track. This will process and the wet/dry mix will show up in your mix just as you want it. You can add a stereo reverb as an insert on a mono track—which now turns it into a stereo track but only the effect is RL and you can manipulate it within the effect's GUI (and even automate that only through the Record and Latch buttons).

Later, when you have this down, you can get into Aux and Master inserts.

My mixes these days normally have a "room sound" that I create with a reverb on a Master insert. Everything else happens in the room so any special effects are inserted on Aux or Track busses depending on what I'm going for… Reverb on one track only would be a special effect.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro