After finishing bounce or export?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
harmonicaman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

After finishing bounce or export?

Post by harmonicaman »

OK

I finish my music project and now want to send the file to video editor ( I will upload to youtube )
I need to export my music in wave format as I will be adding it to my video in my video software

Do I need to use bounce to disk or export ?
Thanks in advance
CharlzS

Re: After finishing bounce or export?

Post by CharlzS »

Bounce - chapter 84 in the DP user guide.

Edit: I saw in another thread you appear to be using P Lite, so chapter 64 in that guide.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

CharlzS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:38 am Bounce - chapter 84 in the DP user guide.

Edit: I saw in another thread you appear to be using P Lite, so chapter 64 in that guide.
Thanks it seems I have to do a lot of readings :(

Look how many files created :|

All I needed was the final wave file
Thanks in advance
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

harmonicaman wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:42 am
CharlzS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:38 am Bounce - chapter 84 in the DP user guide.

Thanks it seems I have to do a lot of readings :(

Look how many files created :|

All I needed was the final wave file
You'll find the result of any Bounce to Disk in the Bounces folder. Nothing else is stored there.

DP creates those other folders during the course of your Project. Only Bounces is created during BTD.

In my current church work, I create guide tracks for my singers and players this generates any from 2–20 bounces. Afterward, I rename the folder as Used Tracks which I then use to store all the uploaded tracks I receive — after I've loaded them into DP. When done, I BTD as before but this creates a new Bounces folder containing my final mixes (2–5 depending). It's an organizational thing but it helps a lot and saves time.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro