Motu M4 - Can't get any signal output out of line ouputs 3/4

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
djmickswell
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu M4 - Can't get any signal output out of line ouputs 3/4

Post by djmickswell »

Hello all!

Recently got the Motu M4 to live stream/record audio into my Go Pro. I get signal out of the main outs 1/2 but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get audio signal out of line outputs 3/4. Does anyone know how to get this to work? Appreciate everyones help thank you.
djmickswell

Re: Motu M4 - Can't get any signal output out of line ouputs 3/4

Post by djmickswell »

This has been viewed a bunch of times yet no one has answered. Does anyone have the answer to this problem? I just need to know how to send output signal out of line outputs 3/4 on the moty m4. Right now there is nothihng coming out so the LEDs dont show any activity. Please let me know if you know how to do this, thank you.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Hi, welcome.

You are assuming that someone here will just know which of the many options are going to make this work. I recommend starting with the 28 page manual so that you understand signal flow—once signal goes in, how to get it where you want while you monitor.

https://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/usb-c ... _Guide.pdf

recently got the Motu M4 to live stream/record audio into my Go Pro.

Ok... but you're not telling us anything. What is the audio source and which of the 4 inputs are you using?

Then there's this: Does a GoPro accept Line level Inputs? I don't know. There are many different models—you may have to find the documentation for yours.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
djmickswell

Post by djmickswell »

Thanks for replying.

I watched all the videos and read the manuals but the answer was not clear cut.

I was under the impression that I could control this from the unit itself. I spoke to a Motu rep and he explained it has to be done from the computer or a DAW. I didn't know it couldn't be done from the unit itself.

Needless to say as soon as he explained to me how it has to be done I was able to get it simultaneously outputing audio from both sets of output channels.