What is the aspect ratio of DP's movie window?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

What is the aspect ratio of DP's movie window?

Post by Tomas E »

What is the aspect ratio of DP's movie window? It cannot be 16:9, it has to be something else.

On my big screen, 1920x1080, there is still free space to the right when the screen is full from top to bottom.

On my smaller screen, 1440x900 there is still free space at the bottom when the screen is full from left to right.

Also, after bouncing a movie a black frame is added at the top as well as the bottom of the bounced movie.

I think these issues are connected.
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: What is the aspect ratio of DP's movie window?

Post by dix »

I rarely bounce movies out of DP, but my experience on Mac with the Movie Window is that it conforms to the aspect ratio of the movie being used as long as you're not in Full Screen mode. If you are in Full Screen, and the aspect ratio of the movie is different than the display's ratio, DP puts black on the top & bottom, or on the sides (for 16:9 movies on my display) rather than stretching it to fit.

I always thought bouncing a movie just made a duplicate of the movie while replacing the audio. DP doesn't process or add anything to the video. That's how it is on Mac anyway....i think.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com