Motu24Ao no longer detected.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
STC
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu24Ao no longer detected.

Post by STC »

Hi, I have been using Motu24Ao and all of sudden the device is not detected by W10. I can access the device via Ethernet but not with USB. Window sound device no longer detecting the Motu. The official dealer’s service technician tried with Mac and the same happened. They are unsure of the problem. The unit is about 3 years old but since it is out of warranty Motu HQ said they can’t help.

Anyone here encountered similar problem?

Thanks in advance.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu24Ao no longer detected.

Post by James Steele »

I'm not on Windows and forgive the obviousness of my *guess* here, but is there a chance that reinstalling drivers will help? These units don't have any sort of battery backup inside that might need replacing?

Shots in the dark... sorry.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
STC

Post by STC »

James Steele wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:13 pm I'm not on Windows and forgive the obviousness of my *guess* here, but is there a chance that reinstalling drivers will help? These units don't have any sort of battery backup inside that might need replacing?

Shots in the dark... sorry.
Thank you James!

I have done all that and the authorized Motu’s dealer too tried with Mac. They said the board need to be replaced. Unfortunately, Motu doesn’t repair nor provide parts for product outside the 2 years warranty period. The only option is to buy another device.

BTW, the email notification not working. 😊
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

STC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:23 pmBTW, the email notification not working. 😊
It may be getting blocked as spam by your email provider. Or it might not be working.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
STC

Post by STC »

James Steele wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:43 pm
STC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:23 pmBTW, the email notification not working. 😊
It may be getting blocked as spam by your email provider. Or it might not be working.
Email notification is working now. Thanks.