Thank you Sweetwater

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Thank you Sweetwater

Post by James Steele »

Well it has been a good run. As of today there is no Sweetwater banner ad on the site anymore. Apparently they really weren't getting enough traffic from the site anymore to justify the placement, so they didn't re-up this year. I sort of like the clean look without the banner anyway, so no problem. I do want to express my sincere appreciation to Sweetwater for their past support with the ad.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stubbsonic

Re: Thank you Sweetwater

Post by stubbsonic »

I always used the MOTUnation SW banner link as my path to the Sweetwater site as a way of showing my appreciation (to SW and MOTUnation). But perhaps my wanderings weren't enough.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

We appreciate the Sweetwater support, for sure, but glad MOTUNation will carry on regardless.

Thanks for keeping it rolling Dr. Steele.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:52 pm We appreciate the Sweetwater support, for sure, but glad MOTUNation will carry on regardless.

Hey brother. Really enjoyed getting to have lunch today! My apologies if I talked your ear off. I seldom get to be in presence of someone who shares my interest in DP and DAWs, etc! Can't wait to tear into this caramel corn! Mmmmmm

Oh... and MOTUnation will definitely carry on! As I've said all along, it has NEVER been a commercial enterprise. Just my contribution to the DP user community. I've gotten so much valuable info from here over the years, too!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm
HCMarkus wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:52 pm We appreciate the Sweetwater support, for sure, but glad MOTUNation will carry on regardless.

Hey brother. Really enjoyed getting to have lunch today! My apologies if I talked your ear off. I seldom get to be in presence of someone who shares my interest in DP and DAWs, etc! Can't wait to tear into this caramel corn! Mmmmmm

Oh... and MOTUnation will definitely carry on! As I've said all along, it has NEVER been a commercial enterprise. Just my contribution to the DP user community. I've gotten so much valuable info from here over the years, too!
:headbang:
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:22 am I always used the MOTUnation SW banner link as my path to the Sweetwater site as a way of showing my appreciation (to SW and MOTUnation). But perhaps my wanderings weren't enough.
Apparently not. Not enough clicks I guess. But hey... that's fine. As I have said before, this site existed long before any sort of sponsorship and will continue long after. Honestly, in the beginning I was hesitant as I didn't want to appear beholden to anyone. All I will say is that I am grateful to Sweetwater for their past support.

That said, *past* is the operative word here, so users of this site are no doubt now aware that support for Sweetwater no longer translates into indirect support of MOTUnation, so if users adjust their purchasing decisions, that's okay, too. I say that with NO animus or hard feelings toward Sweetwater. It was a business decision on their part and I'm sure they factored in all those ramifications when they chose to terminate the relationship. If this site wasn't driving enough business their way, I certainly can't fault them for not renewing.

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Any other companies game? MOTU are you listening? I purchase almost all my gear from B&H Photo Video, too.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

Maybe they’re rethinking their game with the private equity takeover. We’ll probably be seeing more changes. I think Chuck Surack had a soft spot for DP and Motu. The new guys, maybe not so much.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

CharlzS wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Maybe they’re rethinking their game with the private equity takeover. We’ll probably be seeing more changes. I think Chuck Surack had a soft spot for DP and Motu. The new guys, maybe not so much.
I didn't realize they got bought out. That actually makes some sense.

dix

Post by dix »

James Steele wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:27 pm
CharlzS wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Maybe they’re rethinking their game with the private equity takeover. We’ll probably be seeing more changes. I think Chuck Surack had a soft spot for DP and Motu. The new guys, maybe not so much.
I didn't realize they got bought out. That actually makes some sense.
Not bought I don’t think. I believe Surack just stepped down as CEO.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

cuttime wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:18 pm Any other companies game?
MLI - MonkeyLabs Industries™

We only pay (in) peanuts 'though. Banana skins on a good day. :wink:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Strange I just received a Happy New Year text from my SW Rep I haven't heard from in a year, now I see this post.
Thank you M.Steele, you to Sweetwater.
I guess peanuts and Banana Skins is better than nothing.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

My latest SW rep moved on so I don’t know that there will be major purchases in the near future. After the way I spent money to refine my online music operations, my wallet can take a breather.

The banner being gone will influence my decisions, though. I was always happy to click through knowing I was helping to support this site. If you find another sponsor to take that space, I’ll be glad to show my support again.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

mikehalloran wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:50 am The banner being gone will influence my decisions, though. I was always happy to click through knowing I was helping to support this site. If you find another sponsor to take that space, I’ll be glad to show my support again.
+1
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com